Options

What antivirus or protection do you use?

2»

Comments

• Options
    torquxtorqux Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nod or Kaspersky
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Win7 box uses MS Security Essentials. Linux box nothing.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Snow.bros wrote: »
    You never know, sometimes the vampire comes into your home unexpected I just prefer to be protected when that happens.

Agreed, unfortunately viruses, malware, and other forms of malicious code "force" their way onto systems be it one or a combination of the many vectors out there, let alone zero-day exploits.

LOL I think most businesses wish they could just say "We don't need anti-virus software, we don't allow malicious code into our networks." icon_lol.gificon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sophos on my Macs and MSE on the Windows vm.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LOL I think most businesses wish they could just say "We don't need anti-virus software, we don't allow malicious code into our networks." icon_lol.gificon_thumright.gif[/QUOTE]

thats basically what my last manager said. we had no A/V on our windows servers cause he said 'we don't need it, we don't surf the internet on servers'
  • Options
    TC.TC. Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MSE on my current W7 laptop. Haven't had a hiccup yet.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My new Macbook Pro is on the way and I'm currently torn between Bitdefender and Kaspersky for it. I see a lot of you in this thread use Kaspersky so I may go with that since it's cheaper.
  • Options
    detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Edin wrote: »
    Genuinely curious to see what people here use as an A/V solution for their home PCs?

I use Bitdefender with Malwarebytes.
    i use free avast and free malwarebytes(run once a week, not on demand)

havnt had a single problem
  • Options
    EdinEdin Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for all the constructive replies, in saying that - I have changed around my security at home..

I've added ZoneAlarm to my setup and will be recommending it to people from now - I think it's a really powerful firewall suite that replaces windows firewall IMO.
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    HerdProtect and Windows Defender on my Win10 boxes. My MacBook is a whole other beast though... I tend to use the built in tools to keep the bad away - it's configured to the hilt for any sort of file access outside a user folder, I've enabled and run pf instead of the weaksauce FW that Apple shoves off on you, and a few other custom tools.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    motheomotheo Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At work: Symantec Endpoint Protection
    At home: Windows Defender and Microsoft essentials.
  • Options
    techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    My 3 year old cousin
  • Options
    itechankititechankit Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use eset smart security in my personal laptop
    and In office i install Microsoft security essentials (mostly) if needed i install AVG and kaspersky.

MSE has never gave any problem.In my opinion if you update it regualrly it kills every virus.
  • Options
    SwaswaswaSwaswaswa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Avast Pro, TdssKiller, HijackThis, Malwarebytes, and Spybot.
  • Options
    FastEthernetFastEthernet Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ESET at home - detects stuff and deals with it. And I've had a couple of nasty emails recently. Recommended.

McAfee at work - detects stuff, then lets it in! Not recommended.
  • Options
    itechankititechankit Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah Mcafee is not at all protective.You can easily get a free licsense but its useless.try MSE.it has never troubled me.its free-light resource-fast.