Endorsement Back 28 days - Passed (23 Dec 2015) on first attempt

UpNorthUpNorth Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been a quiet user of this forum. So, thank you guys for all your advice and feedback!

I passed the exam on first attempt on 23rd Dec 2015 (not the best time to sit the exam with Christmas worries :)). A fellow CISSP submitted my endorsement form on the 4th January, I received confirmation email on the 5th, and received my certification confirmation on 1st Feb 2016. (quicker than I thought :D)

I would personally recommend the post from Ryon
http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/115009-cissp-exam-advice-2015-a.html

The only advice missing from the post is Cybrary IT (Kelly Handerhan). Videos, PowerPoint notes and MP3s from Kelly really helped me.
  • I started off with Kelly's videos about 4 months before the exam
  • Read half of the new Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, and switched off (good guide that covers the new domains but lack consistency)
  • Read the new official study guide 7th edition cover to cover, and took all the tests within.
  • Read both the combined notes and Sunflower summary
  • Listened to Kelly Handerhan's MP3 on the way to/from work
  • Practised with cccure and Mcgraw Hill
  • Read Eleven Hours CISSP Study Guide couple times before the exam
My key advice would be to watch Kelly's video, understand security concepts and how they can be applied, think like a manager (this is not an in-depth technical exam) and study wisely.

Good luck guys! icon_cheers.gif