Options

My CCNP journey

NansNans Member Posts: 160
Hi Everyone,

It's been so long since I started started a thread and here it is and for Good. I started studying for CCNP probably a month ago (huh long time) and done with chapter 9 today. I have hard time digesting in all the concepts with no job experience.
Here are my tools for the preparation
1. CISCO OCGicon_study.gif
2. Chris Bryant's Udemy Videos
3. 101 labs for CCNP icon_exclaim.gif
4. CBT nuggets
5. Master CCNP guides
Since I am not occupied as of now I am using a simulator GNS3 to do the labs. I have seen many people speak about 101 labs book and bought it. I have a question regarding this book, the labs looks like a mixture of all and in my opinion i guess they should be done after reading the whole book, is it the right thing..!! For my CCNA i bought Boson practice tests but now look I cant afford those , are there any that can be done for free..!! I request all your valuable suggestions.
2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey Nans, nice progress. I think the FLG does a better job of teaching than the OCG does so you might want to check that out as well.
  • Options
    Thanks Koz, for being a Guide for me in this journey. I just got this Master the Route guide by GNS3 vault from one of my friends. I should have bought FLG instead of OCG, now I cant spend on that. Anything else you would suggest regarding labs cause I am haing hard time with the labs cause 101 labs throw everything at you starting from the first lab (OCG covers authentication in the last and lab manual brings it to you starting in the first lab :P ).
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    If you read How to Master ROUTE and do the gns3vault labs you should have no problem jumping into 101 later.
  • Options
    koz24 wrote: »
    If you read How to Master ROUTE and do the gns3vault labs you should have no problem jumping into 101 later.

Thanks Koz will do it today and that books looks so easy and will complete the OSPF by the end of today..
  • Options
    Added two more materials to my preparation arsenal CBT nuggets and Master CCNP guides. I am in chapter 11 and about complete it by the end of today. Had a target of chapter 13 to be completed by the end of this week and also watching Nuggets parallelly on the related topics.

I usually don't take any notes while I am reading, now I have a question does taking notes help as a reference guide at work.
  • Options
    I think taking notes helps "active reading" and helps remember the material better. I don't know about a reference guide though. I have all my books with me and just use the Appendix when I need to find something.
  • Options
    Ohh Boy..!! Just completed chapter 13, I have to measure my brain to see if it bulged..!! Any way want to take a day off to explore JNCIA-Junos exam and came to know there is a fast track through which it can be obtained quicker. Here comes the time to share the time.... :D. What do you think Koz.
  • Options
    Yayy done with JNCIA-JUNOS. Back to where i left Chapter 14.
  • Options
    Hey Nans, grats on the Juniper cert! How was it in comparison to CCENT?
  • Options
    FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    Nans wrote: »
    Yayy done with JNCIA-JUNOS. Back to where i left Chapter 14.

Congratz!

All the best on your CCNP RNS Journey.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□

I've heard it is VERY easy. Also no simulations and you can go back and change your answers if needed. I've toyed with the idea of getting it myself too since we have Juniper on the network in various areas at work.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Fadakartel wrote: »
    Congratz!

All the best on your CCNP RNS Journey.

Thank you
  • Options

Thanks Koz, never took CCNET compared to CCNAX its doesnt even get close to it. On a scale of 1-10 i'll give it 4 where CCNA is 8. Should you have some time go through the fast track program read 2 PDFS give the assessment test and you get to write the exam for 50$ as easy as I say trust me..! PM me if you need anything
  • Options
    I've heard it is VERY easy. Also no simulations and you can go back and change your answers if needed. I've toyed with the idea of getting it myself too since we have Juniper on the network in various areas at work.

Exactly....!
  • Options
    Thanks Koz, never took CCNET compared to CCNAX its doesnt even get close to it. On a scale of 1-10 i'll give it 4 where CCNA is 8. Should you have some time go through the fast track program read 2 PDFS give the assessment test and you get to write the exam for 50$ as easy as I say trust me..! PM me if you need anything

Thanks I will keep this in mind when and if I ever get to it. I would like to do the Juniper SP track at some point so the JNCIA is a starting point. Have too much on my plate at the moment though.
  • Options
    Gpdriver17Gpdriver17 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also studying for the CCNP with no experience. Is it just me or do Chris Bryant's videos seem to be lacking on this? They were basically my only source for the ICND2, but he doesn't do much for the NP. Seems like he's just running through the labs. I got the INE videos and they have a ton more detail, but move way too slow and the guy keeps getting side tracked. Plus he takes his time on video to set everything up. It's painful to pay attention to them because they move so slow.
  • Options
    Alright..! Back to business. Missed Tech Exams all these days. Been interning as a Network Engineer and didn't get enough time to study. I took ROUTE 2 months ago and failed by 19 points, and I retook it today and exactly go the passmark (don't know if i should cal it as a luck or should I be disappointed by myself, still its a pass)

On to Switch now, hope to spend some time on this blog from now updating my thread on how its going with my preparation
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alright..! Back to business. Missed Tech Exams all these days. Been interning as a Network Engineer and didn't get enough time to study. I took ROUTE 2 months ago and failed by 19 points, and I retook it today and exactly go the passmark (don't know if i should cal it as a luck or should I be disappointed by myself, still its a pass)

On to Switch now, hope to spend some time on this blog from now updating my thread on how its going with my preparation

Congrats on the pass! A pass is a pass in my book! Good luck with the next tests. Don't forget to take TSHOOT VERY soon after you are done with Switch.

I am still considering snagging my JNCIA too... I even have a free exam voucher.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass! A pass is a pass in my book! Good luck with the next tests. Don't forget to take TSHOOT VERY soon after you are done with Switch.

I am still considering snagging my JNCIA too... I even have a free exam voucher.

Thank you. JNCIA Doooooooooooooooo ittttttttttttttttttttttttttt nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww . There wont be a better time than now. Go for it :)
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    CBT is okay but for CCNP level, you should try out INE's videos. It's amazing & very detailed. It helped me pass my CCNP.