Options

Starting Network+, again

detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ive been in a fast pace Server Administration program last year and we were taught 005 for net+, we were halfway through when the certification updated so i had to take into account the differences between the 2 versions. I have an excel document which highlights the changes made so i will be focusing on those throughout my re-study.

We covered, net+(005), win 8(687), and mcsa(410-412) in the passed 9-10 months

----

I will be starting over as of next week, the materials im using are:

Reading, Testing:
Pearson's N10-006 Deluxe Edition Book w/ companion cd(labs, tests, ect) - Primary
CompTIA Network+ All-In-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition - Secondary

Video Reference:
CBT Nuggets 006 , Prof. Messor 006 videos + course notes & Lynda Exam Prep 006 videos - Secondary

Simulation:
Pearson's N10-006 Deluxe Edition Book w/ companion cd(labs, tests, ect) - Primary
Testout Network+ 006 Labsims - Optional

I just wanted to document my journey as i dedicate myself fully to this next certification and more importantly the foundational knowledge i hope to achieve!

Would love to hear any feedback or tips, tricks, and suggestions that helped people!!

Cheers!

icon_surprised.gif

Comments

• Options
    8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks good if you have the time to cover all the material.
    The Mike Myers book has some good info and is aimed towards the true beginner. I picked up the MM AIO book, but quickly switched to Todd Lammles book. I havent looked at the Pearson's book so maybe someone that has can chime in.

With the CBT nuggets videos Keith Barker's seems to be the most popular.
    The videos are great, I'm a visual learner for sure. I would suggest reading a chapter first then watch the videos associated with that chapter as the videos do move pretty quickly.

I havent looked into the SIMS yet, but will once I complete the book, videos, take the practice exams then do the sims.

I am looking into purchasing a few Cisco routers/switches off ebay for hands on experience.
  • Options
    detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks good if you have the time to cover all the material.
    The Mike Myers book has some good info and is aimed towards the true beginner. I picked up the MM AIO book, but quickly switched to Todd Lammles book. I havent looked at the Pearson's book so maybe someone that has can chime in.

With the CBT nuggets videos Keith Barker's seems to be the most popular.
    The videos are great, I'm a visual learner for sure. I would suggest reading a chapter first then watch the videos associated with that chapter as the videos do move pretty quickly.

I havent looked into the SIMS yet, but will once I complete the book, videos, take the practice exams then do the sims.

I am looking into purchasing a few Cisco routers/switches off ebay for hands on experience.
    yeah im visual kinistetic learner soo i will be using pearson book and cbt then for what im not solid on use professor messor to go more in depth along with maybe the all in one exam.