Options

Cheap module for 2800

willardxwillardx Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I just purchased two 2800 routers without serial modules. Do you know what kind of module I should buy and
how much its going to cost me.

Comments

• Options
    ecuadraecuadra Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest the wic-2t and serial cables for it. You might have to look around ebay a while to find a good deal each card may run around 10 bucks and cables around 5-10
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I personally prefer the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2. It is slightly cheaper than the WIC-1T and you can make your own cables (Reverse the Orange and Blue Pairs on one end of a plain old Ethernet patch cable). If you have a router with 4 HWIC slots (2811, 2821, 2851) you can install 4 x WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 in the HWIC slots and 1 x HWIC-1DSU-T1-V2 in each of the other routers (you will ideally want 4 routers). The only real difference is how you set the clock rate.

You can also mix WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 and WIC-1T modules. That is you could both a WIC-1T and WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 in the same router. I did this in my TSHOOT lab - the HDLC/PPP link from R1 to the ISP used WIC-1T, while the Frame Relay connections used WIC-1DSU-T1-V2. This lets you see how Serial is done in the Cisco Certification World (DB-60 or Smart Serial) and how it is done in the real world (T1).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]