Options

CCENT/CCNA Apprenticeship, dont know what to expect!

detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
Was wondering what peoples thoughts were on how the CCENT/CCNA Course as far as learning was and things that helped them get through it as well as pass?

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is a CCENT/CCNA Apprenticeship? Do you have a job lined up for CCENTs?

As far as passing CCENT/CCNA, study the Odom books and you will be okay.
  • Options
    koz24 wrote: »
    What is a CCENT/CCNA Apprenticeship? Do you have a job lined up for CCENTs?

As far as passing CCENT/CCNA, study the Odom books and you will be okay.
    not sure as of yet, but i will be finding out more information next week, thank you!
  • Options
    pinkiaiiipinkiaiii Member Posts: 216
    I imagine apprenticeship is part of your course,college initiative to put you into some company to gain experience towards your ccna finishing course.Since i know my college is doing the same to help people get into jobs and career changes etc-will be doing one probably as well in few months.

that said only heard rumors-one being that most likely your apprenticeship will only begin once you pass you ccna exam,also depending on company it might be something like lvl1 tech support from making coffee for people that actually do work-well sort of made up story on this,point being if you pass exam and do your work experience in some company they might hire you,otherwise you will able to put on your cv that you worked at xxxx company and had hands on experience,thus more chances to land in a job afterwards if say being completely new to networking and passing exam.
  • Options
    pinkiaiii wrote: »
    I imagine apprenticeship is part of your course,college initiative to put you into some company to gain experience towards your ccna finishing course.Since i know my college is doing the same to help people get into jobs and career changes etc-will be doing one probably as well in few months.

that said only heard rumors-one being that most likely your apprenticeship will only begin once you pass you ccna exam,also depending on company it might be something like lvl1 tech support from making coffee for people that actually do work-well sort of made up story on this,point being if you pass exam and do your work experience in some company they might hire you,otherwise you will able to put on your cv that you worked at xxxx company and had hands on experience,thus more chances to land in a job afterwards if say being completely new to networking and passing exam.

Yeah that's what I was figuring they take company donations to fund the class then promise the students to the company when its all said and done. I find out more Thursday. I'm stoked!