Options

Practice questions

Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
What is a good site or book for exam practice questions.

Somebody was telling to try "CISSP (ISC)2 Official Study Guide " An other person recommended Shon Haris's/ McGraw website?.

Also how many questions should I plan on doing to get a good understanding.

Any help is appreciated?

Comments

• Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LOL, well if you look at this forum for the "CISSP Passed" threads you will see a lot of study questions and material mentioned. Additionally it has been mentioned SEVERAL times that there are ZERO question banks that are just like the test exam. The practice exams only test your knowledge and not your understanding of all the material you need to know to pass the CISSP exam. The CISSP certification is more of a Managerial Certification rather than a Technical..hence the stringent prerequisites. With all that being said, below is my list of study material, my study practice and my test taking strategy.

Books and study Material in order of my purchase and reading.
    (ISC)2 Official CBK - Hardest book I have ever read, so much fluff..
    CISSP Study Guide, 2E by Eric Conrad
    CISSP Study Guide 11th Hour by Eric Conrad
    **CCCure Practice Exam
    CCCure Review Notes
    **Transcender Practice Exams
    Sunflower Review Notes
    **(ISC)2 Official Study Guide 7th Edition - Sybex
    **Cybrary CISSP videos and MP3s.
    **Combined Notes from here
    **Quizlet (ISC)2 Official Flash Cards (These are free and are the exact same flash cards they gave us at the class)
    **Official (ISC)2 Traning Guide CISSP CBK - Official Training Guide from the class.

I read them all, cover to cover. The ones with the ** are what I think were most beneficial to my passing the exam. With the class I believe this is what helped me pass. I took the official (ISC)2 Class November 2-7th, taught by Buzz Murphy from Training Camp. I took the exam on the 7th of November.

From April to around August, I studied now and then, when I had time, mostly reading the Official CBK. From August until the Test, I studied for about 4-6 hours a day. If I had a break at work, in line for lunch and then 2-3 hours a night at home. I only took Sundays off.

As for the test itself...before you read each question, read the answers first. That way when you go back and read the question, you may have the answer pop into your head. Also look for Adjectives and Adverbs. Sometimes they will disqualify one or more of the answers... Keywords like Best, Least, Most Likely and External, Internal, Physical, Administrative and what have you.

Good luck and best wishes..
  • Options
    GetUmJGetUmJ Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks havoc64

Can you find these through a google search - **Quizlet (ISC)2 Official Flash Cards (These are free and are the exact same flash cards they gave us at the class)