Options

WGU MSISA: Completed

TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just got my oral defense and multimedia presentation back, it feels great to have my MS completed. icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Now just wait for my mentor to finish the graduation paperwork.
WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great work. Congrats!
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • Options
    tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just started the program. Just curious, for the oral defense what actually do you have to do? Record a statement?
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It's a power point summarizing your project. You go on the webcam to identify yourself for a few seconds. You can opt-in to have it published in the archive available to all WGU students. Content-wise, you need to cover you background, overview of the capstone, what the project was, why you chose it, what you learned, and how you will apply it to your professional work. Typical audience includes your mentor and capstone evaluator. You may get asked a few questions or may receive comments from them. I didn't get any so it was just the presentation. Make sure you check the Capstone Archive so you can see a few of the recorded ones and get a good feel for it.
  • Options
    tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds great. Thanks for the advice.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!

What's next MBA or PhD? :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Congrats! I just started the program. Just curious, for the oral defense what actually do you have to do? Record a statement?

I was getting ready to explain it but cyberguypr beat me to it. It is done through an Adobe Connect room.
  • Options
    Congrats!!

What's next MBA or PhD? :)
    I was looking at some Doctorate programs, big commitment though: time and money. I am thinking of starting to study for the CCNP, just haven't decided R&S or Security.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tyb wrote: »
    I was looking at some Doctorate programs, big commitment though: time and money. I am thinking of starting to study for the CCNP, just haven't decided R&S or Security.

A lot more resources available for R&S at the moment. 3-4 different books, lab workbooks, videos, etc. For CCNP Security there is the Zero to Hero course but it costs 4k.
  • Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103