Options

what are the labs like in cisco exam

pinkiaiiipinkiaiii Member Posts: 216
Hi all,just wondering still months away from doing cisco exam,but know very little about test itself,some say it easy others struggle and so on.

so far i was told that exam is usually 40-50questions and 3 labs and 1h30min to complete.

but given experience with PT there a a lot of more advanced commands missing,thus need for real hardware,
also while doing chapter exams it seems they sometimes put in too many tasks of ping pc1 from pc2 ping router etc,then continue with configurations of troubleshooting.

So couple questions and not trying to breach ND but what sort of labs do people usually get since from what i gather person has on average 10-15min to finish each while most labs can be easy,but sometimes even reading tasks to do can consume great amount of time following what to do,thus questions do most labs come pre-configured as in network is in place and say you need to implement routing protocol,or troubleshoot connection issue,apply acl,then answer the question,also does one still earn points for say completing tasks but not getting configuration right or missing some of it,thus not fully finishing it.

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My experience is based on the previous (2007-2013) version of the CCNA, but I did not find the labs all that difficult. I had one that took me maybe 10-20 minutes. The rest went quick. Actual CCNA Sims are nowhere near as complicated as some of the labs out there. For the most part, they are information gathering (show commands) and maybe identifying what is wrong. I highly doubt you will be asked to configure multiple devices with multiple technologies...They save that for the CCNP Level. The only real problem I ran into (on ICND1) was a certain show command I tried to use on a Simlet didn't work.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]