Options

Is it in my best interest

nikalisnikalis Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
To Take the stanley cc VMware course? Ive been studying microsoft for a couple weeks now trying to get back into everyday studies and knock out msca this year, but they just told me I could take it in march.

The real question here is what is going to help me take the next step in going from helpdesk to administration more quickly
To Script or not to Script, that is the question.

MSCA [ ] 70-410 [ ] 70-411 [ ] 70-412
CCNA [X] 100-101 [ ] 200-101

Comments

• Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    If you can tell us what you want to be doing then it will help with the answer - "administration" is a rather vague term and will depend greatly on what the company you work for use (SQL, Oracle, SAP etc) that needs administering.

If you are looking for general skills to help with an admin job then VMWare does not seem a sensible fit - it is much more of a 3rd line / infrastructure / server support skillset.

Your MCSA will help with the Active Directory admin and as a good, basic process cert I would recommend ITIL Foundation as this will show you know how to perform best practice when dealing with IT issues (if best practice is not of interest to your employer then forget this unless you are looking to move elsewhere).

I'm doing the same course in March with CC but that is so I can understand VMWare well enough to process change requests and architecture designs for new systems from the staff who look after it. The staff have a bad habit of glossing over the details and telling me it's all fine when all too often their changes cause complications, so it is time I made them work through the small detail with me to get it right first time.

thanks
    Iain