Options

Renewal

LS1LS1 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Long time lurker, first time poster - Great forum!

I passed my CCNA in 2003 (No specific track back then), then completed the CCNP soon afterwards... managed to renew them for a while then work commitments got in the way and everything expired in Sept 2014 icon_sad.gif

Currently on the road to recovery, renewed my CCNA R&S in December, just passed CCNP SWITCH this morning, looking to book ROUTE in for end of March hopefully. Then I can get TSHOOT done and get back to where I was before!

If I can give anyone any advice, it's once you pass these exams, keep on top of them. Having to renew everything is such a chore icon_sad.gif

As a contractor now, can't afford to let these things slip in future!!

Comments

• Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have already looked into a 6 year plan of renewing my NP. Looking at doing CCDA at Cisco live Vegas then next year CCDP to renew my NP in 2017. Then maybe CCNP Security after that. I cant imagine redoing the CCNP track again. I would love to dig into the CCIE but I just don't have the time to commit to it. Heck I might not even do CCDA this year and just enjoy Cisco Live with out the pressure of knowing I have to sit an exam.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    It's a total pain!

Think CCNA/CCNP Security will be next for me once I've done these - I sat a few of the original CCSP exams back in the day, but that's all changed too ha ha.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Everyone is in love with CCNP Security but I don't know why. There are hardly any resources for it! I have it on my radar too but I don't know how I'm going to study for it yet.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There's no secret sauce to it really, just take another NP level exam or an IE written.

Had my reminder last to say I need to take another IE written exam this year, only passed the lab last year :)
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hondabuff, if you're not in a huge rush to get a design cert, CCDP and CCNP RS have a two test overlap, so you can either do 4 tests for CCDA/CCNP or you can do four tests and have CCDP/CCNP.

That being said, CCDA is the best choice for a single test cert with your free test. I tried it last year but missed it by a couple of questions. :/
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    There's no secret sauce to it really, just take another NP level exam or an IE written.

Had my reminder last to say I need to take another IE written exam this year, only passed the lab last year :)

Problem was at the time, I was in a job where I was never home. I had so much work starting early, finishing late, the last thing I wanted to think about was taking an exam so they ended up expiring. Wish I had pushed myself at the time, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Definitely won't be happening again!!