Options

Select all correct answers.....

I hate the questions with check boxes instead of radio buttons. The ones with multiple answers. I especially hate when they say, "Select all that appy," or, "Select all correct," rather than saying, "Select the correct TWO."

What's been the experience of the group on those type of questions? I am practicing with Transcenders right now and had one that has 7 choices and they didn't tell you how many they wanted. Ouch.

I am shooting to take the test by the end of the month.

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    while i do prefer when they tell me how many i need, the "choose all correct" ones do make you use your knowledge more than the process of elimination, so i don't mind them.
    but microsoft usually says how many they want.
    witty comment
  • Options
    jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    That's good. I wonder if you get any partial credit. I don't know how many times on these practice exams they want three, I select three, and 2 of the 3 are correct. Argh!
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    i'm 99% sure you don't get partial credit. the only place where i think you might is in the sims. but as far as i know there are none in the 270.
    witty comment
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    while i do prefer when they tell me how many i need, the "choose all correct" ones do make you use your knowledge more than the process of elimination, so i don't mind them.

There's a positive and negative to this. The positive is of course what was mentioned in the quote. The negative is that by missing the entire question, it makes you look like you didn't have a clue on what the question was asking. I'm glad that Comptia tests give partial credit.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    I didn't find any of those questions on the xp exam. The questions I got were, chose 2 which are correct (usually questions with specific # of items to pick on a problem).
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki