Options

VIRL in windows 7

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys. I have VIRL as a vm in VMware 12 on my windows 7 machine so it comes up as Linux and you can launch Maestro.

But Is there a version of (just as good as Linux vm version) for WINDOWS 7 native only? Can I install maestro on windows 7 just by itself. The reason I ask this is Anthony Sequaria from CBT Nuggtes has his installed on Windows? is this possible? I want my VIRL on my windows machine with no VMWARE is this possible? DID I miss the windows 7 install on VIRL install page?

Comments

• Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So you've only been using Maestro from within the VM? You can install Maestro on your desktop but the VM needs to be running while you're using it. You should be able to go to the VIRL host IP from a browser and go to Maestro clients.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    This goes through the installation on Windows 7 including running VM Mastro from your desktop: VIRL via VMware Workstation

Follow the directions VERY carefully including how the NICs are configured in the VM
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    right now I run the virl ova and run Maestro in the vm. So let me get this I can run Maestro from within windows 7 but I still have to run the vm in vmware 12? and some how bring up the maestro program that pulls from the vm? with some nic adjustments?
  • Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's correct, you can run Maestro from your desktop when the VM is running. What install directions did you follow? The link that Iris posted is how I set mine up.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    my own instructions ahha i loaded vm and activiated vm maestor on the vm didnt know i can run in on my windows 7 i see that is it is much faster running it on there ;) pays to read ;) thanks