Options

JAMF Casper suite?

DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys
Does anyone know any third party that teach you how to use this product? Its great for application and OS deployments for Mac OS X

Comments

• Options
    OmniTechOmniTech Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think classes for required from them only. This is one on my list of things to do in the future also. From what I've read they have centers all over nation to attend to.
  • Options
    yeh but super duper expensive
    If CBT or pluralsight could provide some videos that be so awesome
  • Options
    cbolarcbolar Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is a nice set of software to use. You can either take the classes or have one of their certified instructors come out to build it with you. My company opted for the latter. It's very deep and has a lot of power once you learn how to use it properly.
  • Options
    Ive been learning it as I go at my new job. They use it here. Its so awesome and from the limited experience of learning it so far, it seems alot easier to use than I remember Sccm lol
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Yeah, I tried a little while ago to get a 'free' copy to learn with. They weren't very interested. It might be different if you are big potential client.

The training they provide is incremental also. So you can't just jump in at the advanced level. So, to get their top certification is probably costing almost as much as some people's CCIEs!
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    sec_jestersec_jester Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have two JAMF Certs, and both were done via the company's own training which is really all that exists. At the time which was only a few years ago, each training cost lest that most in classroom trainings that I have been to or even seen. Of course, that is still something you don't or shouldn't have to pay for personally.
    Another option via JAMF is their training pass, which is an all you can eat for a few members of your team. So yes the pricing is more than an individual class but more than one person can go to training.

Anyway, the best "Free" resource is their support forums. There is a huge community that deals with the Casper Suite, so you can find basically anything you want about the product and how to do something via the forums.