Options

Thanks to all! I passed.

ahighergodahighergod Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Core today. Thanks to all for your info, every bit was useful. OS is next. icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    Congrats!!!! :D

how did you find the exam? what guides did you use? how long did you study for?
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    pmekapmeka Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    hamm3rhamm3r Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I just passed the OS exam today, I will have to tell you that I found the OS Technologies exam to be WAY harder than the Core hardware... some tips to start off with:

- With OS, make sure you know your boot files, and make sure you know in what order they execute in.

- Make sure you know your troubleshooting techniques, especially when it comes to device failures, and dual booting!

- Study the basic utilities in each Windows version, making sure to pay attention to each of the utilities function and where you can get to it!

- The different file systems, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS4, NTFS5, and CDFS, know what these are, what their benefits are, and which OS uses which!

These are some basic things to remember, just look at CompTIA's basic objectives for OS technologies, and answer to each of the following objectives. If you buy a good book (I got Mike Meyer's All-in-One A+ Certification 5th edition), and if you study, and take a few practice exams you'll do just fine. I mean, the exam isn't that hard, but it is challenging enough to the point where study is a priority.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ahighergodahighergod Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok. sorry for the long delay in reply. i busted @$$ to cram info in to take the OS "passed that too, yesterday ". I used Learnkey A+ with Mike Myers and the posters here. I love hardware so i found it easier. :D