Options

VCP5.5 Pass

MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am little late on this update but I passed VCP5.5 back on Feb 10th. It's been a longer journey than anticipated with several breaks in between. I initially began this certification training last year around this time with the Stanly CC class. I took a 6-month hiatus due to some career and personal moves. With my career change came the chance to have hands-on experience with VMware through a VCE Vblock converged infrastructure. While doing some inventory of my companies lab, I noticed we had a UCS B420 laying around not being used. I jumped on the opportunity to build it out (with management permission of course). It came with 4 CPUs, 256GB of memory, and 1tb of storage, it was just what I needed. I spent the last 2 months going over the CBTNuggets course and Scott Lowe's Book.

Like many before me, I want to thank this forum for the many words of wisdom, that I silently receive through threads and answers from experts in their fields.

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Welcome to the club bro!!! icon_thumright.gif

with 5.5 still fresh in your mind, hop on the 6.0 bandwagon! ...you could read the Mastering vSphere 6 book in 2 weeks if that with the knowledge from 5.5 exam still fresh....
  • Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Hope to be with you before year's end! BTW - that's a heck of a piece of equipment to find laying around! Ask if you can send me one!
    icon_lol.gif
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□