Options

CCure Practice Tests

Hunter85Hunter85 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I just wanted to ask how do you guys feel about CCure practice exams?

I have read many contradicting reviews.

Some users say it is not relevant any more and it dives too much into detail and can even demotivate you or make you focus on things that might not even come up in the exam or It is one of the most helpful resource

Comments

• Options
    Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They're okay imho, however I've not seen a bank of questions yet that accurately mimics the exam. General rule of thumb is keep using practice exams until you are consistently above 80%. However, my take on it is to just understand what you are reading. You will have scenario based questions that you will need to be able to apply the concepts to.

Good Luck
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I found the questions really helpful for identifying the areas where I needed more work. As Terminator X said, it doesn't mimic the exam, but the learning/study mode has good explanations as well. No practice questions should be your only study tool for the exam.
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used several different banks of practice exams. CCCure, Transcender and the ones that came in the various books I purchased. I agree with Danielm7, the exams helped me to identify my weak domains, which I would then go back and read over my notes and books. I do think they help, but like the other poster said...there are no practice exams that mimic the actual exam...

Good Luck,
    Mike
  • Options
    ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My experience with CCCure is that it gives you greater exposure to Information Security. I have gained a lot of knowledge going through those questions. Just don't assume that getting high percentages on CCCure will be indicative of the exam itself. If anything, you are broadening your knowledge in IT security.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    twtyjtwtyj Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know how to get CCure practice exam?

thanks!
  • Options
    Hunter85Hunter85 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here is the link

https://www.freepracticetests.org/quiz/index.php

My only concern is, I have some practice question books but the types of questions they ask do not seem to be relevant to the exam

For example in CISSP Exam Prep: Questions, Answers & Explanations by SSI Logic Publishing

There are several questions asking bit sizes of IP packets, generator and battery testing dates, going way too much in detail about US Laws (questions about which year the law was enacted for the 3rd time etc...)

From the latest Pass threads I have seen, CISSP does not go too much in detail and I dont want to spend too much time on memorizing irrelevant concepts. I know that they are important and I have noted them down but memorizing these things wont even help me in the long run because I will forgot them after 2-3 months
  • Options
    twtyjtwtyj Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it that free? it seems i need to pay for registeration.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's not free, as the URL would imply, I believe it's $50 month to month, with a significant discount for longer subscriptions.