Need advise for the A+ 220-901 and 220-902.

Coy18Coy18 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone. Currently in need of help since I'm preparing to take up Comptia A+ 2201-901 and 220-902. Any advise or resources that you may want to share that can be of help to my studying for the said exam will be appreciated very much as I'm pretty much studying on my own. One of the resources that I found helpful was the videos of Professor Messer and a book titled; Comptia A+ Complete Deluxe Study Guide for 220-801 and 802 authored by Quentin Docter, Emmet Dulaney and Toby Skandler. I don't know if this is a good reference though I have read in Prof Messer's site that 75% of the questions come from the 800 series.
For those certified already, I will definitely need your advise as to how you passed and maybe give me tips on the exam. icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Sorry you haven't had any responses.

My method was to read the Exam Cram 6th Edition by David Prowse (800 Series) and along the way, take notes. It is a big book also and it took me 3-4 weeks to study for this exam. After I read the entire book, I would just do practice questions from the CD included in his book, CompTIA sample questions, examcompass.com and crucialexams.com. I would also look over my notes, written notes and ones that I typed.

Then for the things that need visuals, I would refer to Professor Messer but I used his videos last so I couldn't finish them all, though they were great they were a little long for me. If you have IT experience, I don't think this exam will be too tough, just gotta get yourself mentally ready for the wealth of information, that's all.

For this exam, go buy a book on Amazon with a lot of good reviews, READ the reviews sometimes they give you hints and tips. I didn't take the 900 series but the 800 series doesn't retire until June 30th of this year so you can actually do either. I guess 900 is more updated, I didn't learn about the 900 until midway studying for the 800s.

Be sure to also search this forum for threads with "Passed" or "I passed" because those people will sometimes provide helpful hints, everyone will give you slightly different tips but there will be reoccurring answers and those answers will provide you with the popular resources.
  • Coy18Coy18 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice @ techtia. Right now I'm depending on the videos of Prof Messer and a colleague of mine was able to get a soft copy of "All in One Comptia A+ Certification Ninth Edition" Exam Guide (Exam 220-901 & 220-902) authored by Mike Meyers. After the videos of Prof. Messer I will dig deeper in this book. Anyway, if you have something else to share (resources for this exam) feel free to drop it here on this thread.
    Thanks again and I appreciate it.
  • techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Get your hands on the Exam Cram 6th Edition by David Prowse CD-ROM, you don't have to have the book but the CD has 699 practice questions.

The questions are very similar to the actual exam.