Options

New Job Hire time to move up??

jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
Got an offer today to move to another large company for perm employment. I would jump from 122k w full benefits to 130K and a 10% bonus with full benefit at one of the nations largest telecommunications company. No travel of course and I get a position increase from Senior InfoSec to Senior InfoSec Manager L2 which is a fairly huge bump. My current company is scarce on pay raises and just to get my base to the level offered would take 3 to 4 yrs or more. Here is the best thing I went from 68K in 2013 to this offer today. 3 yrs you can build your salary with some job changing. I was offered more last yr but did not take it because it was a contract. I want perm only and I got a great offer to move up.

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Security's a great place to be right now if you're looking for new opportunities. Lots and lots around. Change is good my man, change is good. You don't seem to think there's much negative there, so I say go for it. If it doesn't pan out, well, you work in security, and you've got plenty more options. I always joke around with my coworkers that if we get majorly hacked and all get fired they shouldn't sweat it since they'll have job interviews lined up the very next day.