Options

How long did it take you to get your endorsement Back for CISSP

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
Wondering how long it took you guys to get your endorsement back for CISSP
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    4 weeks and a few days as I recall.

Also, FYI, ISC2 really frowns on people calling themselves a CISSP Associate. Until they approve your endorsement and designate you as a CISSP, you're an "Associate of ISC2".

No one cares about your byline on this forum, but make sure you don't call yourself a CISSP Associate on your resume or LinkedIn.

It won't be long now until you can call yourself a CISSP, hang in there.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Almost exactly 4 weeks.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just to clarify the endorsement does not take 4 weeks. The certificate takes 4+ weeks. The lastest endorsement i send for my CCSP only took 2 days to hear back. I send the endorsement form via email and 2 days later ISC2 replied back saying I was all cerified and could start using the designation but had to wait for a few weeks for the certificate. If you mail it in, that might take longer but if you email it, it should be faster.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Clm wrote: »
    Wondering how long it took you guys to get your endorsement back for CISSP

AFAIK, ISC2 does not have a SLA for endorsement.
    About 4 to 6 weeks if someone endorse you, and 6 to 8 weeks if ISC2 endorse you or your entry is selected for audit.
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Just to clarify the endorsement does not take 4 weeks. The certificate takes 4+ weeks. The lastest endorsement i send for my CCSP only took 2 days to hear back. I send the endorsement form via email and 2 days later ISC2 replied back saying I was all cerified and could start using the designation but had to wait for a few weeks for the certificate. If you mail it in, that might take longer but if you email it, it should be faster.

2 days is an anomaly. There are a dozen or so threads on this forum where people asked this same question and others responded.
  • Options
    @THE FORCE is referring to CCSP not CISSP.
    His CISSP meets CCSP 5 years work experience requirements.
  • Options
    CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, since i will also send my endorsement in, coz former co-workers have not responded to my request for endorsement, do i need to contact my past employers to get a certificate of employment on letterhead before sending to ISC2? Really appreciate the feedback and thanks again.
  • Options
    CLICK wrote: »
    Hey guys, since i will also send my endorsement in, coz former co-workers have not responded to my request for endorsement, do i need to contact my past employers to get a certificate of employment on letterhead before sending to ISC2? Really appreciate the feedback and thanks again.

Are you getting ISC2 to endorse you? Or another CISSP to endorse you?
    If the former, get a document printed on company letterhead indicating your positions in your former companies.
    ISC2 requested for that info in order to complete my CISSP endorsement.
    Reproduced below for your viewing pleasure. icon_rolleyes.gif
    I have received your request for endorsement assistance. I am contacting you because the documentation I received is incomplete. Your submission included your work experience summary but did not include complete proof of your job history for your employers. Please provide these details at your earliest convenience.

***The document provided does not indicate your overall time with the company. Please have the HR Department provide a document on letterhead confirming your overall employment dates.

Proof of your job history can be numerous things. A letter from your employers showing the date you worked at their company, an employment contract showing dates you worked at the company or any sort of documents on letterhead that shows you worked at the company for the dates and time you specified on your resume would be accepted.

There is no need to resubmit all of your documents. You only need to send the missing information. You may email this information to programs@isc2.org or you may fax it to Attn: Programs at [URL="tel:727-786-2989"]727-786-2989[/URL]. Once I receive the missing pages, I will attach them to your initial submission.

Keep that document for other certifications that you may pursue in future.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike7, i was going to have ISC2 endorse me since my former co-workers are AWOL :) so bottomline is i will need to contact my old HR folks at previous company for proof, thanks for providing the info and exact text from ISC2, i will use it to send my letter.

Cheers
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just under 4 weeks here, got it back about 2 weeks ago. I sent it via email and had a coworker CISSP sign off on it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Danielm7
  • Options
    Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got my endorsement approved on the 26th of February...my endorser sent in the form on Jan 29...so it took 3 days shy of a month which by all accounts is the norm.
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • Options
    SilverGeniusSilverGenius Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long does it take ISC2 to acknowledge receipt of your endorsement application?
  • Options
    2 business days

• Options
    SilverGeniusSilverGenius Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2 business days

Cool, thanks!
  • Options
    epl79epl79 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pfff, I am waiting for 5.5 weeks now since the endorsement was sent... icon_sad.gif

Hoping to hear back from them soon...
  • Options
    ch_secch_sec Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    epl79 did you get a co-worker to endorse you or you let ISC2 to endorse you?
    epl79 wrote: »
    pfff, I am waiting for 5.5 weeks now since the endorsement was sent... icon_sad.gif

Hoping to hear back from them soon...
  • Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    5 weeks with no endorsement for both SSCP and CISSP #gangsta

Contact them after 6 weeks if you don't hear anything back.
  • Options
    I submitted mine March 4th it is March 31 as I write I'm hoping I hear something this week or next week.

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I submitted mine on April 1st and got the receipt confirmation the same day. Here's to hoping.
  • Options
    blancblanc Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I submitted mine at the start of march and it has been 5.5 weeks now..hoping to hear from them soon. Anyone who have submitted around the same time has already gotten a response from them?
  • Options
    I think I'm going to check in this thread weekly. I have a reminder on my calendar to call them after 6 weeks.
  • Options
    othernessotherness Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just to add up for statistics:

Submitted my endorsement on February 29th. Got the acknowledgement the same day.
    Still waiting for a reply.
  • Options
    6th week and waiting
  • Options
    blanc wrote: »
    6th week and waiting

Were you endorsed by a CISSP or ISC2?
  • Options
    You need to call them this week then

• Options
  • Options
    Ertaz wrote: »
    Were you endorsed by a CISSP or ISC2?

CISSP bro
  • Options
    You need to call them this week then
    Yea probably...anyone who submitted on 29 feb or after already gotten a response from ISC2?
  • Options
    vennelavennela Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    blanc wrote: »
    Yea probably...anyone who submitted on 29 feb or after already gotten a response from ISC2?

My endorsement was acknowledged on 1st March but still no certificate. I was told that I'd receive it shortly when contacted ISC2.