Passed!!!

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Thankgod thats over!!! Just got in from the test and Boy was that hard!!! Passed by the skin of my teeth with 620. Studied like crazy on the OSI Model to the point of knowing it back to front and all the switches and port numbers etc etc and had a total of 3 questions covering them all!!!! All the rest were Subnetting and Troubleshooting scenarios!!!!!

Thanks for the notes on this site though!! Brilliant site, long may it grow!

Still glad to get that one out of the way and forward now to Upgrading to MCSE 2003!!!

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Grats!

One quick question since I plan on starting on the Microsoft path in the near future...

Did you find the Network+ exam to be easier, harder or about the same difficulty level as teh MS exams to get an MCSA?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    billybob01, Congrats on the pass!

Megadeth4168, I found the M$ exams that I have taken, to be much more difficult than the Network+. Even, studying for the M$ exams has been more difficult.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    janmike wrote:
    billybob01, Congrats on the pass!

Megadeth4168, I found the M$ exams that I have taken, to be much more difficult than the Network+. Even, studying for the M$ exams has been more difficult.

Thanks for the warning.. I don't want to underestimate teh MS exams.

I know my buddy has an MCP (70-210) and says it was teh easiest exam he has ever taken... Both my friend and I have 6 years of experience working as techs/admins of Windows 2000 server based networks.

I'm hoping that my job experience will help with the MS exams.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ nice job
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Megadeath: to answer your question i`d say they were about the same strangely enough. Thats what suprised me most about the exam, about 80% of the questions were Scenario based! and the way the questins were worded.... well it was so easy to slip up!!! Infact the guy from the test centre said i was the first person who the have seen who has passed the exam first time which gave me some confidence ( of which i lack!!)

Good luck with your MCP`s.
    billybob01 wrote:
    Megadeath: to answer your question i`d say they were about the same strangely enough. Thats what suprised me most about the exam, about 80% of the questions were Scenario based! and the way the questins were worded.... well it was so easy to slip up!!! Infact the guy from the test centre said i was the first person who the have seen who has passed the exam first time which gave me some confidence ( of which i lack!!)

Good luck with your MCP`s.

Thanks for the response :)