Options

"Beyond Help Desk: 10 Tips for Advancing into Systems Administration"

Saw this article posted on LinkedIn, thought some of you may find it helpful/interesting!

https://www.teksystems.com/en/resources/teksavvy-blog/2015/advancing-from-help-desk-to-systems-administration

A+ certified
Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
Working on: Network+

Comments

• Options
    DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pretty interesting. getting a job as systems admin or "IT Guy" is exactly what I'm trying to do. I've done every part of the job except the "sit in the chair and get called sys admin" part so It'll happen in time, I just gotta keep looking.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    This is a well written article and I completely agree with the author on all points. Finding a mentor is one of the best ways to stay on track with your career goals which in turn help you stay focused at work.
  • Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great article! Thanks for the resource!
    :D
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    Great article that shows you how to benefit from people who are where you want to be. But what if lateral moves arent an option or the sys admins are working in a program office and you are at a remote site (me)? I guess that is where certs and home labs come in, eh?
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon