Options

CISA Certification Application - Verification of Work Experience (Page V-1)

beemirbeemir Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to quickly say I am a new member and I decided it was time to register and become an active part of the community rather than just a viewer/reader.

That said, I do have a specific question with regards to the "Verification of work experience" V-1 page. In the five questions that the individual has to verify, question three has me a bit confused. The question reads:

"Are you qualified and willing to verify the applicant’s work experience prior to his/her affiliation with your company/organization?"

Answer choices are: Yes / No / N/A

How is the individual verifying suppose to answer this question? I am not sure how they are "qualified" to verify previous employer experience since they were not a part of that organization to begin with. That would be a "No" in that case. However, now I am leaning towards having them choose "N/A" as in not applicable to be more appropriate.

I read through other posts and everyone seems to say have them check yes to all except for the last question which should obviously be a "No" (question relates to any reason why so and so should not be certified etc.).

Can anyone who has become certified chime in on their past experience?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is simple.

When the current company hired you they should have checked and verified your experience, in this case "Yes", they (or your boss) can verify that you actually have the experience that you say you had at the previous employer.
  • Options
    beemirbeemir Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A local chapter member for ISACA here said almost a similar thing. He said that it is quite possible the individual knows of your previous experience because you are part of the same professional circle such as being a member of the local ISACA chapter, having worked together on a client, was the client, etc.

I figured it would not hurt to double check before proceeding. I know what to do now. Thanks wd40.
  • Options
    anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi beemir,

I was planning to create a new topic about experience verification but since our query is similar, I hope you don't mind if I'll post my questions here. Thanks!

Hello All,

In my present situation, I've just completed my 3 years work experience last January 2016. I passed the CISA exam last year but I still lacked months of experience. The last few months, I worked as an IT contractor (5 months) but ended last January 2016. Presently, I am unemployed (still looking for a job). I have decided to submit my application to ISACA this month but part of the application form indicated "Present Employer". Question: Can I just leave it blank/put not application since I don't have an employer as of the moment? I need to get the CISA first to get employment. Thanks all in advance.
    AnthonX
  • Options
    Sorry... I meant N/A as not applicable.
    AnthonX
  • Options
    Hello All,

I sent my application through email and attached the application form. Does ISACA send out an email receipt? Obviously, I didn't received any and am a little worried if they will process my application.
    AnthonX
  • Options
    Did you pay the application fees?
  • Options
    Hi WD40,

Yes, I paid the $50 fee. I even sent them a copy of the receipt. I emailed my application to certification@isaca.org

Thanks.
    AnthonX
  • Options
    it takes time, I sent my application on 09-Aug-2015 and received a confirmation on 13-Aug-2015.
  • Options
    Hi WD40,

I was actually expecting an auto reply. Thanks for the info. I suppose, there's not much to do except wait.
    AnthonX
  • Options
    ISACA is like a classic car, every thing is manual :D