Options

passed my tests

shpshp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed hardware in Feb. and passed OS July 29th, scores 810 and 880 used Mike Meyers and this most wonderful site. I read the book twice and studied for the exam by looking at Comptia's objectives and finding the topic in the contents sections of the chapters at the beginning of the book. I then made extensive notes of each objective and studied same. I am 53 years old, a math teacher and have also setup the networked computer lab which I have been in charge of for the past six years.I am presently studying Network+ and thoroughly enjoying it using David Groths 3rd edition Network+ and the network section of this fantastic site. So youngsters if Ican do it at 53 I know that you can do it even better, thank you, from shp.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations hsp!

I studied Net+ from the Meyers book(All In One Exam Guide). Read it twice and used a lot of online information and free practice exams.

I'm 57(career changer). Passed A+ in May.

I like this site too. From all the postings that I've read from the regulars, I believe that you and I are keeping pretty good company! And, the TechNotes and practice exams are as good as any I've seen.

Best of luck on your continued preparations.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Congrats to the both of you. I've only been hanging around here a couple months (certified just a couple weeks ago myself), and it's especially nice to see a "lurker" jump in and spread some good news.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    excellent new on the pass, shp. the books you have chosen are the ones suggest by several forums for a+ and network+ study.

network+ study is more fun than a+. enjoy.
    A+ Moderator