Options

Got a raise :)

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
I've been with my current company for about 10 months now. I received a partial bonus at the beginning of March about 3k and today also got a 2.2% increase on my base salary getting me to the mind 80s. Not to mention full reimbursement for the 2 certifications I've taken so far. Nothing crazy but small stuff do add up, the most important is the base salary increase. My last job would never give increases only give more bonus money. So this feels nice.

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations! I also received something similar from my job within the past month, and it really feels nice. Although I haven't taken any certs lately, they will pay for them whenever I'm ready. They have paid for a ton of training through my IT budget, which is completely awesome. It really means a lot when your company shows support for the work you do. I hope I'm with my company for years to come. Great job!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! But head to get more (unless you job is awesome, like flexible hours and remote work, or you don't need much money), I assume that you have 5+ years of experience (because of CISSP) in infosec and by that time one would expect breaking six figures. Do not undermine this cert by agreeing with a lower pay! :)
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Congrats! But head to get more (unless you job is awesome, like flexible hours and remote work, or you don't need much money), I assume that you have 5+ years of experience (because of CISSP) in infosec and by that time one would expect breaking six figures. Do not undermine this cert by agreeing with a lower pay! :)

Thanks everyone! Yeah you are right. I'm working with some cool technologies right now though so I'd like to complete my projects before I look for something else. I do get calls daily though but i refuse them because I get to play with some nice toys that could benefit more later if I say i already have experience with the technologies.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Last raise I got was 50 cents
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    techtia wrote: »
    Last raise I got was 50 cents

My last raise was about a buck an hour, but I got a 5 figure bonus.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Raises are always nice. Congrats. :D
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Very nice. I got a raise last year through getting the top performance rating, but it won't happen this year sadly, the same quality of tickets hasn't come my way so I don't have masses of good feedback. Shame.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice appreciation but it sheds some light on why IT pros have more turnover than most careers. COL is usually around 2% this is what comfortable employees settle with and expect. Those I know in the medical and financial field see 5% as a bad annual raise. They mainly do the same sort of thing daily, not really learning. IT pros are often learning regularly yet we settle for fast food raises. All employees can do is move on. When you get into engineering and architecture turnover can be risky for the employer.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Some people I know are still on meagre wages from service desk days and not the money they should be paying - yet the company happily brings in green people on more money. I just think the companies are taking advantage of their more loyal staff because they know they can get away with it - and the employees I am referring to don't help themselves. I've always moved (usually) in relatively short periods of time and have climbed the salary scale with it.

I would be happy to stay where I am when the time comes they offer suitable renumeration for someone with my skills and experience, sadly I cannot forecast it occuring.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    techfiend wrote: »
    Nice appreciation but it sheds some light on why IT pros have more turnover than most careers. COL is usually around 2% this is what comfortable employees settle with and expect. Those I know in the medical and financial field see 5% as a bad annual raise. They mainly do the same sort of thing daily, not really learning. IT pros are often learning regularly yet we settle for fast food raises. All employees can do is move on. When you get into engineering and architecture turnover can be risky for the employer.

I think this has to do with the fact that IT people work in low margin industries and when industries get squeezed because of technical advances, the raises don't come that ofte . Medical field is a whole different story.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good point and I want to clarify it's not IT pros working in medical or financial those I know also get shorted. Instead it's doctors, nurses, accountants, etc. IT being so undervalued could have another thing to do with it. While I'm still early on in my career my experience so far has been IT is the least often and likely lowest increase. I'd hate to think they feel we're easily replaceable and don't put in much effort to keep us around.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Yay for you! It always feels nice to be recognized and compensated for your hard work.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats OP!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Cerebro 2.0Cerebro 2.0 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done :)
    ITIL SO [In progress]
    Prince 2 Foundation [In progress]
  • Options
    mo225mo225 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□