Options

eJPT today

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Doing the exam today... Maybe I'll get it done in 12 hours. Hopefully I won't fail. Got some notes and went over some labs earlier today.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck! Look forward to seeing the "PASSED" post!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    I'm half way through the test and it's been about 8 or 9 hours....
    If I can just get to the other part of the test, I'll be able to make it through.

I do think that I will pass though. It's not really hard but it makes you think for sure. If I gotta retake it then its cool. 3 free retakes ;)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Ah you got this don't even think about retakes!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Good luck mate!!

This is my next exam.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Thanks you two!

I had gotten stuck on Saturday but yesterday I figured out the issue and it was me doing something wrong. Shoot, my computer and VM was going super slow and I don't know why. I might need to restart both of them. I'll reset the lab and work on stuff from my laptop. When I get home, I'll save the work that I've done and take notes. I have 3 questions left... can't find the answers but I think I might be able to find one more answer for sure. I just gotta get it to work.

It's been a fun test so far and I've been clapping and getting loud a few times when I've made progress. My mom was wondering why I was clapping lol.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep on keeping on!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I remember doing that one, I really had fun doing it. I remember getting stuck for the first hour and then it went really well. I just had problems with 2 questions that took me a while to find the answer. I ended up finishing it in 6 hours.

Continue your hard work!!
  • Options
    I'm not done with this test yet, I'll come to work super tired just because I wanna do this :)

I wish I could have gotten this test done in 6 hours. It's been about 12 so far, I think... I like how I can just sit and focus/think on this and figure out whats going on.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    Passed with 90%
    Booya!!
  • Options
    Congrats! Knew you could do it!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks The_Grinch and EngRob! I really enjoyed the exam!
    Booya!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! Looks like an awesome exam!! I'm doing the Labs at the moment, and should schedule the exam soon (this month I hope)

• Options
    Thanks UnixGuy!

I hope that you're enjoying the labs. I had some trouble with understanding the secret website lab and the XSS lab in the beginning. The Brute Force lab gave me a few issues.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    funny I'm doing the brute force lab and i got issues as well :D

I think I understand the Lab 99% now, I'll go through them twice more and then start the exam, should be first week of April or last week of March!

• Options
    Theres a post on the members forum for that lab and it talks about using ncrack and hydra and how ncrack was able to work out and hydra didn't.

I'm glad that you got a time frame in mind. I kept pushing it off until I just kind of forced myself to do it. I also suggest to go over the videos as well, just in case. I wish I had watched some of the video's more because I felt like just doing the labs weren't enough at times.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats, I knew you'd make it. Now go kill the eCPPT. That's a fun exam :)
  • Options
    I haven't checked the forums at all.

What I do now is watch the video, take notes, then do the LAB. I feel very comfortable with most Labs now, and I have 3 attempts for the exam. I think I'll just go through the vidoes/labs/notes again twice then hit the exam.

I procrastinated so much, and even thought of not doing this course anymore (personal reasons). However, good thing about this course is that I was able to pick up from where I left, I think being a practical course is key here because you kind of understand the concepts and build on them.

• Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    Thanks veritas_libertas and spichy ahi.

I was looking at doing the eCPPT again but they didn't update the videos, only the labs in my account. Not sure if I can handle the eCPPT or the OSCP but I'm looking at the OSCP or OSWP for the next certification for Pentesting. I'm also interested in the PND course through ELS.

Another thing about the eCPPT is that I didn't see as many job postings for it compared to OSCP. I didn't see any for eJPT but I guess that's okay since it was sort of a stepping stone. I did see job postings for OSWP though. So I guess maybe getting the CWTS and OSWP might be a great start for wireless.

I guess I'm a little all over the place since I'm trying to get more into InfoSec. The plan this year is Linux+ or RHCSA, SSCP and to renew the CCENT but I really enjoy the hands on testing and learning with security.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks veritas_libertas and spichy ahi.
    I was looking at doing the eCPPT again but they didn't update the videos, only the labs in my account. Not sure if I can handle the eCPPT or the OSCP but I'm looking at the OSCP or OSWP for the next certification for Pentesting. I'm also interested in the PND course through ELS

I wouldn't worry about the videos being older. That really didn't affect anything, at least not for me. It's true that the eCPPT hasn't gain the recognition that OSCP has. I'm using it as a stepping stone towards the OSCP. Going to hopefully battle that beast later on this year.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about the videos being older. That really didn't affect anything, at least not for me. It's true that the eCPPT hasn't gain the recognition that OSCP has. I'm using it as a stepping stone towards the OSCP. Going to hopefully battle that beast later on this year.

I kinda thought the eJPT was a small stepping stone lol but I just posted to ELS's member forum about getting the updated slides. I hope that I don't have to pay for everything again but I know that I can pay to extend the labs for the eCPPT. The whole writing a report deal throws me off too because I kinda suck at that stuff.

Money comes into it for me. I might do the elite plan so I can take my time with things. It took about a year with on and off studying for the eJPT. What was your experience before the eCPPT exam??

@impelse, thank you :)
    Booya!!