Options

MSCE Certification,,,

Ibrahim ur RehmanIbrahim ur Rehman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am MCSE NT and 2000 Track Certified....always study windowsXP track and windows server enterprises 2008 also.....how can i upgrade to MCSE 2012 and latest version..anyone who teach online or help me. thanks

Comments

• Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    Hello Ibrahim, there are 2 points to give you help with here:

1 - You cannot upgrade from the older certs, only the previous ( 2008 version has an upgrade exam available ).

2 - MCSE is no longer the same cert you gained 12-15 years ago, it is now called MCSA:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/learning/mcsa-certification.aspx

It needs you to sit the server 2012 exams of 70-410,411 and 412 in the most common route (more options are on the link page)

The MCSE exam is the Solutions Expert exam that is a lot more difficult:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/learning/mcse-certification.aspx

If you have been using the technology in its current form for work and am comfortable with it then the exams will be fairly straightforward, but if not if you have been hands off since there is so much in the way of new technology in there now, including IP v6.

I find I can work through the course material in a week, spend another week reviewing, labbing and doing test questions and pass with minimal experience of most Microsoft products and pass comfortably and I am no egghead, so if you can spare the 30 odd hours for a couple of weeks you you should be well on your way.

Good luck.
    Iain
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    UncleB,

I think that you missed a few options. I was quite surprised, myself, but MCSA or MCSE on Windows 2000 are both eligible for upgrade to Windows Server 2012 MCSA via the 70-417 exam, all according to the page you linked.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    Well blow me down!

I was sure the upgrade path was only from one generation ago. The exam is heavy on the changes between 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 and asks a lot of questions based on you already knowing how 2008 works.

The material is significantly different to 2000 so unless you have been using 2008 & 2012 a lot then it is going to be a lot of extra studying to get the exam passed.

My apologies for giving the wrong info earlier.
    Iain
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As my signature implies, I am studying for 70-417, myself, so I have no experience with this exam. However, when I did my upgrade for 2008, there were certainly many questions that required new knowledge, but I did have a couple of questions that could rely on on Windows NT 4 knowledge. I am hoping to finally get this one knocked out here in the next few months.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro