eJPT - Passed

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright so I know that I just made a post about three days ago about starting the eJPT. I hope it's not bad forum etiquette to make another post about the same topic.

I just got done this morning with about five hours left on the exam. I started on Saturday at 1pm EST... Got the paperwork to read along with the VPN information.

I tested the connection with a ping to make sure I had connectivity. Then I started to go to work, using the different tools to find out the information that I needed to answer the test questions. I had gotten stuck on Saturday because I was making a very simple mistake when having to work on the other set of questions.

Sunday night I figured out what I did wrong and then I got everything to work how I needed it to work. I continued with the testing, getting all the information that I needed to get until my computer and the VM started to go super slow. The VM wouldn't even keep the changes that I made within Kali Linux.

So I started to do work on my laptop yesterday. I came into the same mistake that I had made before and I couldn't figure out why anything wasn't going the way it was before. So I restarted the lab and it still didn't work. I also ran into a firewall issue so I wasn't able to do the type of attack that I needed to do. So I was like forget it, I'll do it at home.

I get home and open up the laptop to finish everything out. I got everything going how it should at home but I was really tired. I took a couple naps this morning before starting again. I had about 7 hours left to finish so I just thought to myself... I'll just submit what I have after a few more tries.

20 minutes to 8, I submitted the answers and I knew I would pass but I didn't know with what score... Turns out that I got a 90% on the exam. Went to look for my mom to tell her, she was gone lol so I told a friend of mine...
Got the email from ELS and I just gotta update my address to get the certificate shipped to me :)

Details really matter because I could have been done with the exam in about 12 hours, instead of spending maybe 18 to 20 hours. But this exam was exciting and it made me think about things. It's not a hard exam if you've studied and practice.

Sorry for the dull post, I didn't wanna break any type of agreement.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!! So what's next?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thank you both :)

I've been thinking about the OSCP but I know that I'm not ready to start it. I will be learning some C, Python and Bash. Along with Buffer Overflow and Exploits stuff before I start. I've been studying for the Linux+ and SSCP but I need to renew the CCENT this year. The CISSP has been on my mind but I don't have the experience.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! This was one of the more enjoyable certifications I have taken.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

No one ever feels ready to start the OSCP icon_cheers.gif.. and that's why I'm starting next month!. I've been telling myself that I'm not ready for months, so I decided to overcome it and register for it. Starting April 9th, can't wait :)
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats again James

How does the exam difficulty compare to the LABs?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @iBrokeIT - I really enjoyed the exam. I would like to do another hands on exam.

@JasminLandry - I'm glad that you're starting the OSCP! Are you gonna post your progress on the forums when you start?

@UnixGuy, thanks!! The difficulty for me was the same as the labs. For the exam, I went through a thought process of what I'll do next, what can I possibly do and what is available.
    Booya!!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• evopilotevopilot Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass buddy