IP Expert users be aware...

Comments

• EricsLearningEricsLearning Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hadn't purchased any rack rental tokens but I thought they were run through a different company, Proctor Labs. Has anyone checked to see if the racks are still working?
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Let's hope the other training providers focus on developing quality content, and not take the opportunity to just sell more...
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    cbthut wrote: »
    This really is an inherent problem with people / business always wanting your full money upfront before doing a darn thing.

This is a HUGE problem. I've read on Reddit people prepaid INE for SP stuff I think it was, like two years ago and INE still has not delivered. They are pissed. That timeframe is too far to dispute too. The only recourse is small claims court.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    This is a HUGE problem. I've read on Reddit people prepaid INE for SP stuff I think it was, like two years ago and INE still has not delivered. They are pissed. That timeframe is too far to dispute too. The only recourse is small claims court.

that would be me lol.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I know a couple people on this forum alone who bought the collab workbooks while being promised the new ones would be out in 1-2 months and that was years ago. I don't think Brian was ready for the random questions based on some of the excuse he was giving. SMH
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I thought it was strange that IPX hadn't spammed me for a few weeks now.
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I signed in. It looks like a lawsuit over equipment that was leased. Civil stuff. I guess they were having financial issues.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    so serious. these equipment are they the same they use for rack rentals??
    I'm assuming so but I don't work for the company so I don't have visibility into that.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • cbthutcbthut Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    man, you guys are dangerously investigative....LoL...chasing down files :)
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    3rd degree black belt in google-fu
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • ccievirginiaccievirginia Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rack rentals can't really run effectively any more. They have no more staff, and no one is there to maintain the servers. If an issue pops up, there is no way to resolve it. I would recommend what other people have said, try to file a credit card dispute quickly before they file for bankruptcy or the creditors take them over. The company may come back in some form, but who knows since they may be blacklisted by Cisco now as a training partner for "ethics violations".
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    First thing I'd have done was speak to the credit card company - assuming you've used them of course. Some people I know don't use, or even own a credit card - which is daft in this time and age.
    gorebrush wrote: »
    First thing I'd have done was speak to the credit card company - assuming you've used them of course. Some people I know don't use, or even own a credit card - which is daft in this time and age.

hello gorebrush, there is nothing daft about not using credit card....if you dont have any advice for people. please just keep quite!!!
    Wow.

There are a multitude of reasons why making very large purchases on a debit card (or whatever they are called in the US) is a really silly idea. This thread is just one of them.

Pardon me if you've done this and lost your cash - not my fault.
    Thanks also for giving me the double negative reputation. That's really helpful when, in fact, I WAS giving good advice. Show some respect.
  • LDhikerLDhiker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was able to watch the Ipexpert Ccna Security videos up until yesterday. No such luck today. Has anyone watched the INE Ccna security videos, any good?
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Thanks also for giving me the double negative reputation. That's really helpful when, in fact, I WAS giving good advice. Show some respect.

I just showed you some respect +1 :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Woo! I'd show some back but apparently I'm not allowed because I've already given you some haha!

BRB respecting more users.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just showed you some respect +1 :)

I plus one to build his rep back, then plus one the plus oner.

Lets turn this post into a plus one monday special! icon_lol.gificon_cheers.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    i got a negative reputation.. don't think i insulted anybody.. was just stressing the fact that no need to assume anyone to be foolish because they used debit card to pay for product online.

in my country..credit is much more expensive to use than debit card, because you have to source for dollar at a much higher rate than when u do online transactions with your debit card.
    Well you could have actually stated that. In my country it costs nothing to actually use the credit card aside from the conversion rate.
    iseeyou wrote: »
    i got a negative reputation.. don't think i insulted anybody.. was just stressing the fact that no need to assume anyone to be foolish because they used debit card to pay for product online.

in my country..credit is much more expensive to use than debit card, because you have to source for dollar at a much higher rate than when u do online transactions with your debit card.

I believe most countries you can dispute the debit card transactions just like the CC translations so you might be in the same boat of opening a dispute and getting your $$ back depending on your local laws and bank policies
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    You know whats funny here, is that on the IPX hiring page, they have a statement "We're hiring badasses."

It is a shame, the ironing in that statement. I scrolled down and did not see an opening for CEO yet lol

https://www.ipexpert.com/Company/Hiring
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    chrisone wrote: »
    You know whats funny here, is that on the IPX hiring page, they have a statement "We're hiring badasses."

It is a shame, the ironing in that statement. I scrolled down and did not see an opening for CEO yet lol

https://www.ipexpert.com/Company/Hiring

like business focus has changed from cisco traning to vmware training
    @irishtheangel
    like ipexpert are looking for DC instructor, maybe u can save the house by developing DC content for them.
    Well Iris is a badass that's for sure! icon_lol.gif
    Well... there's no one at IPX to hire anyone so that'd be a non-starter. Plus I'd probably be taking a step down in pay to be a trainer for someone.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I certainly wouldn't want to work for IPX - the attrition of instructors over recent years has been very high.