IP Expert users be aware...

Comments

• jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    It was my full-time job, yes... Luckily with the awesome student base I had built, I was picked up pretty quickly by another company. I will be getting out of the 'professional' training market however, as this has jaded me a bit on small-business. Thanks Iris :P you have indeed lol
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, epic thread! A lot of the DC videos will go to waste unfortunately, unless somebody buys IPX, or Wayne come's back and posts them. I, about 2 months ago, finished all the UCS and 1000v videos for v2..nobody ever saw these icon_sad.gif Unfortunately I am an honest man, and won't reuse, or resell them, as I developed them on IPX time and equipment, and thus they are IPX property. I have however purchased my own production equipment, and will (one the side) be producing some stuff. I can let you guys know when and where it will be posted if your interested!

so damn interested..please!!!!!
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, epic thread! A lot of the DC videos will go to waste unfortunately, unless somebody buys IPX, or Wayne come's back and posts them. I, about 2 months ago, finished all the UCS and 1000v videos for v2..nobody ever saw these icon_sad.gif Unfortunately I am an honest man, and won't reuse, or resell them, as I developed them on IPX time and equipment, and thus they are IPX property. I have however purchased my own production equipment, and will (one the side) be producing some stuff. I can let you guys know when and where it will be posted if your interested!

Very interested! icon_cheers.gif

I believe this is appropriate here:
    1726009shut_up_and_take_my_money_super_thumb.jpg
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You can probably count me in too, I"ll have to renew my digits sometime. :)
  • lostindaylightlostindaylight Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jason please put me on the list too. After I'm done with R&S DC v2 is my next thing.
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Add me to the list as well Jason. Were starting to see some DC growth here in Canada. Planning to get my CCNA DC after R&S
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • cbthutcbthut Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DPG wrote: »
    There usually isn't much to be made with training. The real money comes from getting contracts with the students' employers.

@jason_lunde - From my knowledge, this statement isn't exactly correct. Give us your take please. Thx
    all the best with your new move. You are one of the good guys!
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    There is a lot of money in training..if your a good trainer, , with a good brand, and if your fiscally responsible. You saw Katie's numbers earlier (they weren't terrible!), and while the racks are expensive, there are ways you can lower those cost if you know the reales ropes... It also depends on how big your operation is...sure if you have support, marketing, directors, sales guys, etc...your revenues may grow, but your expenses also do as well, offsetting a lot of the profits. So it really depends, we did not do any 'contracts' or consulting work directly with/from iPexpert, and we still did very well.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Talking with introductory to mid level instructors (think RHCE/MCSE/CCNP) that are full time, they often say that they do it because they enjoy it, it's lower pressure, they get paid reasonably well, and the hours are nicer than industry (and they've all had years or decades in industry). The others that do it part time or irregularly, usually say it's a relatively easy way to pick up some extra cash - and quite a few of those also did consultancy either full time or on the side. At least one of these instructors was using it as a way to pay themselves through their Master's degree.

It's probably about more than the money.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    There is a lot of money in training..if your a good trainer, , with a good brand, and if your fiscally responsible. You saw Katie's numbers earlier (they weren't terrible!), and while the racks are expensive, there are ways you can lower those cost if you know the reales ropes... It also depends on how big your operation is...sure if you have support, marketing, directors, sales guys, etc...your revenues may grow, but your expenses also do as well, offsetting a lot of the profits. So it really depends, we did not do any 'contracts' or consulting work directly with/from iPexpert, and we still did very well.

Thanks JL, that's my experience as well. Just wanted to highlight for others training isn't as bad one may think. Personally from all I read and my own negative experience with IPX (prior to you onboarding) they have a lot of demerits. I had to seek refund from IPX. They were the king of "pre-orders" and "coming soon" :)
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    cbthut wrote: »
    Thanks JL, that's my experience as well. Just wanted to highlight for others training isn't as bad one may think. Personally from all I read and my own negative experience with IPX (prior to you onboarding) they have a lot of demerits. I had to seek refund from IPX. They were the king of "pre-orders" and "coming soon" :)

Same can be said about INE in certain tracks too. I think lostindaylight and my point was that despite flashy sites and the impression of huge commercial success, these are still relatively small companies and like Jason said, the bigger your business the more expenses you have and more risk you have. I think INE and IPX both had strengths and weaknesses - INE gave up on every track except DC and R&S for the most part and they might still give up on DC. It really depends on how far they plan on going into it since it'll be a large CAPEX. For IPX, their strengths were DC, wireless, and security (in that order). I think they might have had some collab material too but I never recalled anyone singing praises or complaining.

Being a small business and having more expenses, it's easy to fold up. Millions of dollars sounds like a lot but if you stop taking a profit for a few quarters and you're stilling paying your expenses, it can change a whole business. Especially if it takes more money to produce new and needed content. I'm in Texas this week and a lot of folks in oil and gas are struggling here. This is an industry that has made billions of dollars in very recent history and now there's many layoffs happening and the cost of producing oil is more than the cost to sell it in some cases. A bad year can change a lot for any company big or small but small are often more sensitive.

As far as the "pre-orders" and "coming soon," INE definitely has become the king of that. Just ask the collab, security and service provider folks about that. ;)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There's plenty of v4 INE Security material, at least now anyway.
    INE is good with security now( that track has greatly improved by christian matei), the guy is simply exceptional. i only wish he can come into DC track.
    INE need to do something about the SP and voice track, too many complain already about delayed workbook|VOD and stuff and even DC does not have complete rack for volume 2

the annoying thing about INE is that they simply just keep quite ( total disregard for customers)
    That's good at least. That's new. Though it doesn't look like they've added bootcamps to the mix. For the bootcamps they aren't really doing, they have "placeholder" bootcamps hoping they create demand or get purchases. I have a friend who fell into that and she's still waiting for the postponed bootcamp that keeps getting pushed back ;)

It'll be interested to see what happens now. They have an oppt to clean up on more tracks but they also could get lazy because they're the only more well-known vendor in town. Collabcert and other companies have been able to set their own prices because of their niche nature but they don't typically have the same ability to market. It's usually word-of-mouth but I'm hoping there is good competition to keep anyone from getting too lazy.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There was an update from Brian M about Collaboration:

"Re: Collaboration materials, I'm told that development is back on track for them. Unfortunately there's no other details I can provide beyond that. If you're interesting in beta testing that content, email me offline and I'll put you in touch with the development team for that track. Like I said it's outside of my development."
    Mow wrote: »
    There was an update from Brian M about Collaboration:

"Re: Collaboration materials, I'm told that development is back on track for them. Unfortunately there's no other details I can provide beyond that. If you're interesting in beta testing that content, email me offline and I'll put you in touch with the development team for that track. Like I said it's outside of my development."

he is just trying to play safe. he is a co-founder so his excuse is not acceptable. people have been waiting for months and all he can say is that its outside his development.

asking you to join the beta testing.will every collaboration student join the testing??
    the DC that is within his control... no RACK rental for Volume 2 since the workbook came out? what can he say about that?

INE major focus is R&S
    I'm just reporting the news. icon_wink.gif
    It's not official news though if he isn't posting it on his page that he's looking for beta testers or giving customers an update. I think he pretty much got shamed into giving some half-arsed excuse. There's more than a few folks on here who've been told "it's coming" for years now
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Oh, I know. I was one of them. Ordered Collab workbooks in Sept 2014. Still waiting...

I did message Brian M about getting beta access. There is also a guy from Collabcert in that thread offering to help people out. I emailed him, too. I will report back if/when I hear anything.
    Heard back from both. Re: INE - I am "On the Beta List"
    Re: CollabCert - Probably no special pricing for users bamboozled.
    looks like wayne has been released... below is a post from reddit

[–]collabone 1 point 3 hours ago
    Looks like Mr. Wayne IPX fraud has released...Status: Released: 2016-03-23 00:46 Should we say its for Good or Bad...I would say Good if he make sure the people who have invested get some positive message from Wayne atleast he will not **** anyone who has paid..Secondly, if he stops then I feel he should be back to jail soon without any bail or release... So, if Mr. Wayne Fraud CEO is reading this please do the Good for those who have some faith in professionalism..
    Lee County Sheriff's Office | Lee County, Florida | CrimeActivity | InmateDetail
    Mow wrote: »
    Oh, I know. I was one of them. Ordered Collab workbooks in Sept 2014. Still waiting...

I did message Brian M about getting beta access. There is also a guy from Collabcert in that thread offering to help people out. I emailed him, too. I will report back if/when I hear anything.

sept 2014 is almost 2years.. INE is still saying development team is still working on it. how are they been paid salary?
    wayne seems to be released.. hope this can be good news for the house!!!!
    iseeyou wrote: »
    sept 2014 is almost 2years.. INE is still saying development team is still working on it. how are they been paid salary?
    wayne seems to be released.. hope this can be good news for the house!!!!

Unsure. He was arrested in Florida for a warrant in Michigan and was wanted as a fugitive from the law. It's not impossible that they released him but it's much more likely that he was released from Florida and transferred to Michigan for arraignment and trial.

Honestly, I feel a little bad for Wayne. Everyone is calling him a **** but it's not like he ran to the Bahamas with all our money and is sipping margaritas. He's definitely got a LOT of issues that are very public and had some poor business planning since the business fell apart when one man disappeared. That being said, you scroll through his FB and you can tell he's got a couple teenage daughters, he's a marine and saw some crazy action which probably deeply affected him, and his brother tragically passed away a few years back at the same time most of these charges happened (2013). I don't know the man very well but people snap sometimes when enough things happen and it's tragic. His life and business are forever changed after this and I don't think there will be any coming back professionally as far as IPX is concerned.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    What a thread?
    This is good ol' USA, the land of bounce back.
    I know he ain't no Mike Vick, but if Vick came back he sure as heck can too :)
    as long as folks can get there money and go elsewhere.
    as you noted that doesn't seem to be the situation here.
    He just needs to plead his sins, some humble pie probably and in time he can try again with good success :)
    he need to publicly apologies to his students and customers for the pain and distractions he has caused. maybe that will be a good starting point ( but his pride might not allow him).
    i still have faith that all will be well, just hanging on for as long as it wuld take.. DC engine already rolling but slow
    he need to publicly apologies to his students and customers for the pain and distractions he has caused. maybe that will be a good starting point ( but his pride might not allow him).
    i still have faith that all will be well, just hanging on for as long as it wuld take.. DC engine already rolling but slow

He's in jail so I'm not sure he's going to have access to the internet for the next few years. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with his pride at this point.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • lostindaylightlostindaylight Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□

lolwut?

How about sparing a thought for the employees and the man's wife and children, who have much more pressing existential concerns than the 'pain' IPX's customers are experiencing. c'mon man, perspective.
    I would +10000000 you if I could, lostindaylight.

@cbthut - "Land of the bounce back." Er? What? You can't just eat "some humble pie" and make bad credit, a mountain of debt, several felonies, a ruined professional reputation, and a years+ prison sentence go away. Him dusting himself off in 10+ years when *maybe* all this is settled isn't going to fix the damage that his kids, wife, and former employees have to go through in the meantime.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Prison is no fun. No way jose.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I think bouncing back only applies to celebrities like kobe, martha, chris brown. I heard bad news about him before but their CCIE Wireless videos and labs are top notch.