Options

Comptia survey finds 6.7 million people employed in IT jobs

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
Article below, 6.7 million IT professionals. Something to consider for those looking for career change or looking to enter the IT field.

Tech industry employment soars past 6.7 Million, led by IT services - TechRepublic

Comments

• Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That looks like good news
    This marks the fifth year of consecutive growth for the industry, with tech accounting for 7.1% of the U.S. GDP and 11.6% of total overall payroll in the private sector. CompTIA's report lists the growth of tech employment at 3% year over year (YOY), compared to the national employment growth average at 2.1% YOY in 2015.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Unemployment rate for IT professionals in Minneapolis is under 1%. My contract ended, and I had 3 job offers within a week. Not to mention call after call from recruiters. The growth is phenomenal. I have been encouraging my friends who have shown interest in IT to jump right in, regardless of experience level. I am thrilled that I made the career change. It's an employees market, and having the power to be picky with job offers is really refreshing.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • Options
    techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Unemployment rate for IT professionals in Minneapolis is under 1%. My contract ended, and I had 3 job offers within a week. Not to mention call after call from recruiters. The growth is phenomenal. I have been encouraging my friends who have shown interest in IT to jump right in, regardless of experience level. I am thrilled that I made the career change. It's an employees market, and having the power to be picky with job offers is really refreshing.

I don't have any IT background but recently completed my A+ hoping to enter IT field. I see that our paths are somewhat similar, what has helped you break into the field so quickly? All I have going for me is my A+ and customer service experience.