Options

Waiting Game.

windsor888windsor888 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I recently started applying for a Network Engineer position. I have CCNP and MCSA under my belt and got some work experience too on networking. I just want to know how long do you usually hear a feedback from the employer. Do they send you email that you didnt qualified for the job? Do they call you right away or email you first if ever they want an interview? Can you also give me tips what website do you guys use to apply online. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I keep a spreadsheet so I can track jobs. The fastest I get contacted is a few days after submitting an application. The longest was probably a couple of weeks. I just keep on sublitting applications to jobs, rather than waiting around to hear from one particular job.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thomas_ wrote: »
    I keep a spreadsheet so I can track jobs. The fastest I get contacted is a few days after submitting an application. The longest was probably a couple of weeks. I just keep on sublitting applications to jobs, rather than waiting around to hear from one particular job.

If you use LinkedIn, LinkedIn keeps track of the jobs you applied for. Also usually when you apply at any company, you will receive an automated email form the company's HR department. No need to track of a spreadsheet.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use the spreadsheet as an easy way to track the number of jobs I've applied to, how many call backs/interviews I'm getting. It helps me stay focused and apply to jobs. It makes it's easy to see how long it's been since I last applied for jobs and is a convenient record of jobs I applied to for companies that ask if you have ever applied for a job at their company.
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    thomas_ wrote: »

I applied for a federal job in November, was called and asked if I wanted the job in January, and now it is March and I still havent heard back. Apparently, this is also normal for federal jobs. I have learned quite a bit of patience after this experience...
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    It depends. If I'm seriously looking, or my current project is winding down I don't wait. I apply, make a list of jobs I have applied for so I don't double up and move on to the next.

If I'm fairly comfortable where I am and am in no rush to move, I'll apply more more sporadically to jobs that are a little bit of a reach. Then I usually give it about a month and decide I didn't get it and move on.