Options

CCNP R&S INE Videos

Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Never heard of this company till today, I did a quick search on this site and user said they have used it but no reviews. I enjoy CBTnuggests (Company took away the subscription) and the Bryant videos put me to sleep.

So anyone use them before and find it helpful? Specifically for CCNP R&S.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    INE are a top training company and one of the main instructors got his CCIE at 19..

The videos are very detailed, you'll probably find them boring if you only like CBT nuggets ones..
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jamm1n wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Never heard of this company till today, I did a quick search on this site and user said they have used it but no reviews. I enjoy CBTnuggests (Company took away the subscription) and the Bryant videos put me to sleep.

So anyone use them before and find it helpful? Specifically for CCNP R&S.

Thanks

INE is very solid. Maybe I'm a nerd and just love the technology but I loved Chris Bryants Videos, and for the price point on Udemy, it simply can't be beat. I have used INE but have their old videos. They are by far the most dry and least engaging videos I have used however very detailed and thorough which I enjoyed. I still highly recommend INE as they are the big guns in the vendor provided training world.

With Video training though, you need to force yourself to engage with the videos as much as possible. I loved doing labs along with Chris as he was teaching and configuring the content. I feel it's not as easy to do that with the CBT stuff. The instructors speak very fast and already have pre-configured setups they use as examples which most times I find hard to jump into a command line and keep up with. Like I mentioned, be engaged. Take notes at a very minimum to get the most of the training.

In the end I highly recommend all 3 sources.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well for 24 dollars just for Route you can beat that price for the Bryant videos. Maybe Ill give another crack at them. Thanks for the insight.
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here is how I look at it.

CBT Nuggets are good, they show lots of examples of configuring technologies, with some details on what the tech is, and why it's used. They are entertaining as well. They always keep me engaged.

INE, also shows practical examples, but also provides a lot more detail, far more than any CBT Nuggets video. They aren't as entertaining and engaging because the instructors don't joke around. But I would say they are by far the most informative of the all IT videos that I've seen.

Chris Bryant, has poor production value, and my biggest beef, is the fact that he doesn't use an interactive whiteboard of any kind to write out diagrams or examples, which can make some of his material hard to follow. I will say that the discussions boards on his videos on Udemy stay fairly active, and he does respond to questions on the discussion boards.

If you are looking for cheap, Christ Bryant is the way to go. CBT nuggets is your choice if you have a hard time staying engaged with most IT videos, and you are willing to spend some money. If you want the most information, and are willing to pay for it, then go with INE. Hands down INE is the best line of videos that I've watched during my studies. They even provide practice exams as part of their subscription.
  • Options
    Nightflier101BLNightflier101BL Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another vote for INE. I've used all three sources and found that things started clicking with INE. A lot of detail and I like the workbooks/labs that tie into the videos. You can also pre-load certain topics/technologies onto their rack rentals which is convenient.

INE is cheaper (not including rack rentals) than CBT nuggets. 800/yr vs 1200yr, and is strictly networking content. The Cisco Learning Network includes videos by some of the INE instructors.
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am a big fan of CBT Nuggets and INE, but if I had to pick one as the top dog...it would be INE baby! Brian McGahan has to be my favorite instructor. They are all great, but Brian is the man!

I feel CBT Nuggets gives you in a nutshell a 10,000 foot view of the technology, but INE gets you deep down in the trenches. I do have to agree that in CBT Nuggets Jeremy, Keith, and Dan are very entertaining to watch, and INE are a little bit more dry. But INE will bring you to the finish line.

My 2 pennies....
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Can't go wrong with INE - they teach you what you need to know for the exam plus a ton more stuff.
  • Options
    jtlgjtlg Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +1 INE

I used Brian McGahan's CCIE videos to study for my CCNP. Excellent depth and detail.

CBT Nuggets - a good supplement

I took Brian McGahan's advice in one of his training videos and purchased a Safari Books subscription, not only are there books but also Live Lesson videos by Kevin Wallace who does an outstanding production job on his videos but could used additional depth and detail. For $200/year it's a worthy investment in my career and I find myself reading more.