Has anyone used Boson to study towards CEH?

occupy4elesoccupy4eles Banned Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone used the Boson Exam Simulator to study towards the CEH v9? If so, is it worth the expense? I believe it's like $150. Thanks.

Comments

• jasonperry10jasonperry10 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone used the Boson Exam Simulator to study towards the CEH v9? If so, is it worth the expense? I believe it's like $150. Thanks.

I used it. They gave me a coupon for signing up. It was originally $99 and after the coupon code came to around $84. It was worth it for me because the questions were really good. I was using skillset.com before that, but was unsatisfied with the amount incorrect questions and the amount of "off-topic" questions. If you can find a coupon I would say go for it. The Boson question bank was also updated with some of the new material from the CEHv9 test.
    I also like that the Boson tests give explanations on each question, further helps studying.

I also used the Matt Walker AIO practice test book, which was really great as well. If you don't want to spend the 100 bucks, then I say just study the Matt Walker AIO practice exams, its a lot cheaper on amazon, then just google the other topics that aren't covered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Look for a coupon code if possible. I think if you are a fan on Facebook, they give you a 25% coupon code or something like that. Also, look at Transcender as I found those to be the most accurate to the real exam. Boson was good but Transcender was better as they had practice questions on risk assessment and ISO/PCI-DSS stuff which is tested quite a bit on the exam (at least on my exam) along with NMAP, I think they had Wireshark questions also in the practice tests but I had that on my real exam as well. I agree with jasonperry10 with Matt Walker's questions as they are good for a fair price. Best of luck on your CEH
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used them as well. I thought they were very helpful in pointing out areas where I was weak and the explanations gave me a starting point for further studying.
  • clementandreclementandre Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone ahve the boson or trasncener doftear to link me?