Options

Need Help: CISSP Shon Harris DVD collection...

sec_guysec_guy Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys!!

Im new to this forum and preparing for cissp exam. I would like have comments on shon harris dvd platinnum collection study material for cissp preparations.i have ordered it but i would like to know is it worth? i m also going through official ics2 cissp prepariton workbook.
ur comments would be appreicated...

regards

sec guy

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I have not heard anything bad about them. I can not comment on them, since I have never seen them. I can tell you that her book is Awesome. It is the main book that I used to pass the exam. If the dvds are as in depth as her book, you should do just fine.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I'm currently using 'learnkey' for CISSP. It's a really good overview, if you get pass that fact its 10 disks.

Good luck on your exam.
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have those DVD's and they are extremely good. I didn't get them until after I passed the CISSP, but I know they would've been a big help. You can't go wrong with them.

Good luck.
  • Options
    sec_guysec_guy Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey thanx all members for ur motivation and advises....yaa i do have learnkey too...but i heard its nowhere comparable to shon harris. I wish you all the best those who are preparing for cissp, and if anyone need any kidda help they can surely mail me. ALL THE BEST!!!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Does Shon Harris do all the instructing on her DVDs? I've heard podcasts of her lectures and she's not the most dynamic or interesting of speakers. The instructors on the LearnKey CDs are very entertaining and interesting to listen to, but my mind wanders when I listen to Harris' talks. I was just wondering how entertaining Harris' DVDs are.
  • Options
    Yes she does do all of the instructing, and I have to agree that she's got excitement issues... icon_lol.gif But it's just like reading the Big Blue Microsoft press books. Boring? yes. Valuable information? absolutely. You almost get a sense of Shon thinking "ok here we go again, for the 100th time this year, this is what encryption is" It's almost as if she's tired of doing it, but again, the pointers and knowledge she spills out are priceless.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    keatron wrote:
    It's almost as if she's tired of doing it
    Yes, she sounds exactly as if she's very tired of giving the same lecture for the 1000th time. I believe that she knows the material, and that the information correct, but she really sounds as if she needs a break from it.
  • Options
    lopezcolopezco Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Getting the videos pepares you as well as reading the books?
    IF i get Shon Harris Videos I do not need to read the books or there are details missing in the videos?
    DAL
    "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." — Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    lopezco wrote:
    Getting the videos pepares you as well as reading the books?
    IF i get Shon Harris Videos I do not need to read the books or there are details missing in the videos?

That will depend on you as a person. I learn well both ways, however. Some things that jump right out at me in the videos somehow stays hidden in the book, and vice versa.
  • Options
    lopezcolopezco Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    That will depend on you as a person. I learn well both ways, however. Some things that jump right out at me in the videos somehow stays hidden in the book, and vice versa.
    Thank you!
    Wao this is very nice having CISSPs so nice giving you advices, totally free and with very fast responses!
    Thanks again!
    DAL
    "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." — Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    lopezco wrote:
    keatron wrote:
    Thank you!
    Wao this is very nice having CISSPs so nice giving you advices, totally free and with very fast responses!
    Thanks again!

And you will find pretty much the same in every forum here. That's why this is by far the best resource period for certifications, and real world answers too. The real world answers you get here are just as good as what you would get in the experts exchange, however there you have to pay a pretty penny for the same quality. Besides, none of the moderators here are a-holes, which is not the case in most other places.