70-411 Cert Guide ( Don Poulton ) Not available anywhere

MariusRZRMariusRZR Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Anyone studying for 411? I can't find this damn book.
MCSA 70-411 Cert Guide: Administering Windows Server 2012: Don Poulton, David Camardella: 9780789748812: Amazon.com: Books
Not available anywhere.

I used Don' Cert Guide for 410 and it was awesome. I want his book for 411 but no one seems to sell it.

Comments

• BornToBeMildBornToBeMild Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For some reason they didn't release R2 versions of the 411 and 412 guides, and the original versions are no longer available. Strange.
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I highly recommend using the MOC courseware. The physical copy is a little pricey but the kindle edition is affordable and comparable to other books. It had some of the most comprehensive content I have seen for these exams and included a lot more powershell than most of the books I looked at.

http://www.amazon.com/Administering-Windows-Microsoft-Official-Academic-ebook/dp/B00O3KMJAW/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=

There is also a lab guide but I found the short labs in that book to mostly sufficient for introductions and then I just played around in my lab environment getting a feel for things.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think there was a review on Amazon where the poster contacted the publishing company and they said they cancelled the book. Only hint I've gotten lol.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • MariusRZRMariusRZR Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I got the Microsoft Official Academic Course for 70-411. It has 700 pages. Hopefully this, CBT Nuggets and some Technet will be enough.
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    The book you ask about does not cover the R2 updates of which there are many - something to be wary of when buying training material.

You could try the Sybex book:
    MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2 Complete Study Guide: Exams 70-410, 70-411, 70-412, and 70-417: Amazon.co.uk: William Panek: 9781118859919: Books
    It covers the 70-410, 411 and 412 exams and has a 4/5 rating.

thanks
    Iain
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    I personally recommend the 70-411 R2 Training Guide, since I've taught from it for several classes. It reads well and has labs... If you can afford the Wiley 70-411 R2 MOAC it is a bit better. Both are really good books!

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • Hanlon08Hanlon08 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thatguy67 wrote: »
    I think there was a review on Amazon where the poster contacted the publishing company and they said they cancelled the book. Only hint I've gotten lol.

Yeah that was me :) I was as disappointed as you are icon_sad.gif
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They are about to release the MCSE 2016 books here soon...so THAT could be why! I'm figuring MS is dropping Svr 2016 around the end of July
  • sunnyimransunnyimran Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,
    I came here searching that book 70-411 Cert Guide (Don Poulton)
    I am on my way for MCSA 2012. completed first few chapters on 70-410. After going through many books I found MOAC craig series and Cert Guide 70-410 by Don Polton. MOAC craig series is easier but less organized and somewhere lacks technical details. This wonderful book Cert Guide 70-410 by Don Polton is a great book indeed.

Don Polton book seems mostly organized in quite a logical manner and discusses main concept with its all configuration options etc. mostly concept are collected and summarized in tabular form separately so revision is easy. His book also discusses each configuration tab, each options wherever necessary.

Everyone has different approach in learning. I just mentioned my observation above. Don Poulton book matches my learning style closely. Therefore I am looking for his book on 70-411 and 70-412. If any hints please let me know. much needed. Greg Tomsho book 70-410 samples on google reviewed. That is also good but not in my nearby.

If you guys are also in certification process we can share our study approaches and experiences to help each other.

I am going through MOAC craig and 70-410 Don Poulton and using VMware environment Server 2012 R2 and a Win7 client for all lab practice. Somehow managed to create a lab for 'Printing configurations' sections without a Print Device. Managed to operate a PDF printer as a substitute of physical printer and created many logical printers shared on server and used on client. Final output comes in PDF right within Windows without using a single hard copy. I even practiced Separator pages etc. That way I avoided keep my printer consuming stuff.

But it is taking a huge length of time. studying from two books and making my own notes and then practicing in VM. any suggestion how to go fast?