Linux Academy

Alex90Alex90 Senior MemberMember Posts: 289
Hi Guys,

Anyone use Linux Academy? I'm a network engineer looking to pick up some linux skills as there seems to be more of a need for it these days - is Linux Academy a good place to start?

If not then any other suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers
Alex

Comments

  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Senior Member Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

    Anyone use Linux Academy? I'm a network engineer looking to pick up some linux skills as there seems to be more of a need for it these days - is Linux Academy a good place to start?

    If not then any other suggestions would be welcome.

    Cheers
    Alex

    I'm signed up for it and I think it is a great resource.

    Please sign up through these links (they aren't referral links just special pages where Linux Academy gives discounts for signing up)

    https://linuxacademy.com/coders ($20/month)

    https://linuxacademy.com/unplugged ($50/quarter)

    Both these links will be cheaper than signing up for a whole year ahead of time.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

    Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • VeritiesVerities Senior Member Member Posts: 1,162
    I started out with Urban Penguin since his videos are free for Linux +. I'm using Linux Academy for some of my RHCE studies and I enjoy it because getting a lab setup is incredibly easy as you get the ability to spin up VMs on demand. Also, the instructors are very clear in their explanations and you can't beat the cost.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Senior Member Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Linux Academy is great! I just wish that they gave you the option to learn how to install an OS but other than that... I don't have any complaints and plus you might be able to get a 10% discount code off the Linux+ tests, if you are looking to test later on. I got it when I signed up.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • ivandavidsivandavids Member Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LinuxAcademy for the win. Good training and good labs
  • vtechevteche Junior Member Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Depends what certification you are after with.... or just the knowledge..... i went through their RHCSA... it is good, but its not enough.... one example, for LDAP they have an Active directory and they show you how to join the linux to AD..... for exam you need much much more than that....
  • Alex90Alex90 Senior Member Member Posts: 289
    Thanks guys! At th moment I'm more looking for knowledge rather than certification, however maybe in the future I'll end up taking a couple of the Red Hat exams as I think they'd be a good edition to my CV.

    Do any of you guys who whether Linux Academy does videos/labs on bash, Python, ruby etc?
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Senior Member Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! At th moment I'm more looking for knowledge rather than certification, however maybe in the future I'll end up taking a couple of the Red Hat exams as I think they'd be a good edition to my CV.

    Do any of you guys who whether Linux Academy does videos/labs on bash, Python, ruby etc?

    Yes it does all of the above if I'm not mistaken.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

    Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • indigomx9indigomx9 Member Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    I'm signed up for it and I think it is a great resource.

    Please sign up through these links (they aren't referral links just special pages where Linux Academy gives discounts for signing up)

    https://linuxacademy.com/coders ($20/month)

    https://linuxacademy.com/unplugged ($50/quarter)

    Both these links will be cheaper than signing up for a whole year ahead of time.

    Wow thanks for the link to the discount site. :D
Sign In or Register to comment.