Virtual Training Company: Lifetime Subscription!

zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
I just ran across this website while looking for materials on microsoft certification. Don't know if anyone have posted this or not but I just want to put it out there for those who wants to take advantage of this offer.
I have used them before for testing awhile back but don't know if they still are any good.
I'll let other to chime in regarding to their reputation.

Edit: Hurry if you want to sign up. There is only one hour left for this offer! Sorry for this immediate update!

https://shop.hothardware.com/sales/lifetime-of-virtual-training-company?utm_source=hothardware.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=lifetime-of-virtual-training-company

Description:
Take a giant step towards your dream career or promotion with access to courses on everything from Unity 3D game development to Linux security. Virtual Training Company, one of the world’s largest producers of online learning, promises top-notch instruction not only on building new skills but on mastering software from Autodesk, Adobe, and more.
Master the latest software w/ over 1000 courses
Stay relevant w/ about 2 courses added a week
Watch video tutorials on software from publishers such as: Apache, Core, FileMaker, Dreamweaver, Flash & more
Study animation, graphic design & page layout
Understand MySQL & data management
Choose from a wide array of certification training courses: MCSE, Certified Ethical Hacker, CompTIA & more
Learn to code in the language of your choosing: HTML5, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails & more
Learn the ins & out of a variety of operating systems

Read more at http://hothardware.com/news/monster-discount-on-a-lifetime-subscription-to-virtual-training-company#Ex3EyW0y2DA1r8zG.99
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Looks like it is still going on.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks a little like Udemy.
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks A LOT like Udemy! Higher price points and more in depth content seem to be the biggest differences.
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Which is better?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't know which is better, but Udemy is more affordable.
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This one looks better (if you're mid level and don't need more basic training) but much more expensive.
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Update:
    I recently purchased the lifetime subscription and now have buyer's remorse.
    I purchased the order through HotHardware - Tech, Computers, Gadgets, Reviews, News and Analysis | HotHardware and click on the link to setup my account through VTC.com.

After setting up username and password and went to login back in, I was told to click on the activation link through the email VTC has sent me.
    I didn't get any notification email at all and so I emailed them back to get for support. Didn't get any respond back from them for 2 days, so I went to their website and had a chat session with one of the representative.
    He went and activated my account and changed my username as I had request. I was not able to do change my password myself after several attempts and had to get the rep. to do it for me.

I was told that their website has recently upgraded and that was the reason why I couldn't update my profile myself. I was told that I have to email them to make the changes.
    Now imagine it is Friday evening and an account user needs to change his password or has forgotten it. He has to email the support team to get make the changes and hope that they will respond asap or wait to the next working business hours (usually the next Monday day)!
    I brought this up to the rep. and he said he doesn't know if whether they allow the user to change their profile in the future and he will bring this up with the management?
    Isn't it ironic that a business whose specifically specialized in technical learning CANNOT even fix this problem for their users?!
    Sorry but I don't have the time to sit around and wait for the next business working hours to get someone to fix this problem.
    I was told to email their sales team to get cancellation and refund of my order which I did. Now I'm waiting to get a reply from them to resolve this problem.
    I regret posting this info on this website, hoping it would be some helps others but instead might caused them to go through the ordeal like I have. Sorry if this has caused any problem to the new subscribers.
    All I could do now is wait and hope for a meaningful resolution from their sales team.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki