Options

CISSP Today - DID NOT PASS!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□

You have to have 5 year experience or 4 years plus an approved certification or degree to sit for the exam. Even if you pass, you won't get certified because you won't be able to get an endorsement.
    Please see the following link from the certifying organization, particularly Section 1: Obtaining the required experience. https://www.isc2.org/cissp-how-to-certify.aspx

Interviewed many a faux security experience with neither the IT let alone any security experience but have fraudulently obtained the CISSP. Good news is they fold like paper when you press them with a light touch. Its become an all too common complaint. I seriously suggest getting at least five years of IT experience then start your security career and get another five years of experience before sitting for an experience based exam.

Your future employer and senior security brethren will thank you for it!

- b/eads
  • Options
    RTJones2651RTJones2651 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    havoc64 wrote: »
    ...With all that being said, below is my list of study material.

icon_study.gif Books and study Material in order of my purchase and reading. icon_study.gif
    (ISC)2 Official CBK - Hardest book I have ever read, so much fluff..
    CISSP Study Guide, 2E by Eric Conrad
    CISSP Study Guide 11th Hour by Eric Conrad
    **CCCure Practice Exam
    CCCure Review Notes
    **Transcender Practice Exams
    Sunflower Review Notes
    **(ISC)2 Official Study Guide 7th Edition - Sybex
    **Cybrary CISSP videos and MP3s.
    **Combined Notes from this forum.
    **Quizlet (ISC)2 Official Flash Cards (These are free and are the exact same flash cards they gave us at the class)
    **Official (ISC)2 Traning Guide CISSP CBK - Official Training Guide from the class.

...Where can I get my hands on these ISC(2) flashcards for Quizlet? Thanks!!
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @RTJones2651;

Amazon.com has over 1000 CISSP materials. Literally, more than you could read in a lifetime.

- b/eads
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I definitely think some are being a little too harsh. I know people who have pass the exam without the experience and one of them landed a junior auditor job because of the "Associate of ISC2" designation. The CISSP is like any other exam, if you study the material throughly, you will pass...experience will definitely help but it's not the "end all be all".
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ...Where can I get my hands on these ISC(2) flashcards for Quizlet? Thanks!!

When you open quizlet and look for flashcards, do a search for CISSP. There will be a lot of them, but you want to look for the ones that are published / uploaded by (ISC)2.

Mike
  • Options
    CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like everyone else said.. don't give up, and don't get down on yourself, this is a test of endurance and plain old test taking skills, regroup and refocus and get back at it, you should nail it the next time now that you've had experience sitting on an actual exam.. Be waiting to read your PASSED Post soon :) Cheers