Options

In your experience...

randy72randy72 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
...are there a lot of XP install questions on the test.
I don't want to waste time on things I don't need to know. Especially since where I work and every where else I have worked uses Ghost for rollouts.

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    yes. and ghost is useless for this test, just remember that "There is none other than Microsoft".
    :P
    witty comment
  • Options
    randy72randy72 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will have to study the install stuff then. I know Ghost is useless for the test but I personally wouldn't use sysprep or RIS.
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've had similar ideas.

I don't sysprep, or really too much RIS. We do a lot of ghosting.

The parts that I'm scared of are R/RAS adn IIS. I've NEVER used the IIS stuff, and most techs I know haven't either, except for maybe once to get someone in dev or marketing working.

So I'm hoping to get lots of ?'s on installation, troubleshooting, setup :)
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    I only got one on my exam; the rest were IIS, ICF, RDP, TCP/IP.
    I think it is good to know about RIS and syprep too because there are people using it as well.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    I got crushed with sysprep and Install Questions. You just never know what Microsoft is gowing to beat you up with. Good luck