Options

Question before I retake exam ...

sumalsumal Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
When I failed the exam (15 March 2006), I had a "packet" of questions. The question was only 1 question, but, had 5 sub questions leading from an exhibit. Does anyone know how this question is graded? If I were to answer 4 of the 5 correctly would I get some credit or will 1 wrong answer make the "packet" question wrong?

Hey, I know it's a weird question but looking for legit answers ok (Mikej412)!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    As long as you don't disclose exam 'topics' it's fine. To answer your question, they also give you partial credit during sims, so I'm sure each question is scored separately even though they are about a single 'case'. You can get some more legit info in the following topic, and the link to the interview with two Cisco folks:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268

And don't worry too much about the scoring, there's not a lot of margin for error in this exam, so you just need to know your stuff regardless of the exact scoring details.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sumal wrote:
    Does anyone know how this question is graded? If I were to answer 4 of the 5 correctly would I get some credit or will 1 wrong answer make the "packet" question wrong?

I vote for partial credit. Probably 80% of the possible points.

I'm curious, but I guess we'll never know for sure -- does the testlet count as 1 question, so each one is 1/n of a regular question score? Or does each question in a testlet count as a full question -- thus making the total number of questions given before the exam a lie?

If the simlet is counted/graded as a sim -- then you'd probably get the partial credit for each question answered correctly.

I did have a sim where I had to do 6 or 7 things, but I couldn't get it to work -- I knew it was the last item in the task list I was missing -- but I didn't want to waste more time and moved on. Based on my score I'd say I received a hefty amount of points for the sim -- probably got points for testing my work (even though I didn't get the desired result).

But it does come down to two things -- there is no penalty for guessing and you do lose points for not answering.

I'm still chuckling about the "dear loser" in your other post.... icon_lol.gif someone at Cisco was either having a bad day.... or you may finally be getting over it -- even though Cisco doesn't seem to be too helpful...
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!