Can I use CISSP study guide for SSCP?

richymartinrichymartin Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Questions in the title really! Already have CISSP, haven't looked at the book since I passed....

I was considering SSCP next, can I just use the CISSP books again?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can but in reality, if you have a CISSP, why bother with SSCP?
  • richymartinrichymartin Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can but in reality, if you have a CISSP, why bother with SSCP?

A fair question, from reading posts on here it seems the CCSP is a more technical than the CISSP?

Although I guess one of the CISSP concentrations may be a better way to go...
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used CISSP materials to help me prepare for SSCP. I used lots of other materials, too. I downloaded the SSCP exam objectives from ISC(2) and created my study plan around that. I studied by domain and found several good sources for each. I will do the same thing when I start working on CISSP.

That said, kMastaFlash makes a good point. While SSCP does contain more technical basis than CISSP, if you have CISSP, you don't necessarily need SSCP. You may consider working on CASP instead, especially if you want to push more toward the technical side. OSCP would also be a good choice.
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »
    kMastaFlash makes a good point. While SSCP does contain more technical basis than CISSP, if you have CISSP, you don't necessarily need SSCP. You may consider working on CASP instead, especially if you want to push more toward the technical side. OSCP would also be a good choice.

Yeah, what he said ^^^

If you're looking for a technical cert, target something close to what you're doing or want to be doing in infosec. Since you have CEH, I'd suggest OSCP especially if you're not interested in ECSA, CASP, or any of the GIAC certs.