ICND1 Exam - Router simulators

mitchtinmitchtin Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am currently studying for my ICND1 exam using a todd lammle textbook and cisco packet tracer simulator. I have around 3 weeks until my exam, I know most of my theory and at the moment I'm just going over different labs to make sure i can configure rip/ospf etc.

I was wondering what I can expect from the router and switch simulator questions that I will get in the exam, I have a few questions:

How many simulator question is can I expect?
What are the common concepts covered in the simulators?
What level of detail will they require me to go into, e.g are they asking for simple or more advanced configs?
Is there anywhere that I can get practice simulator questions that are like those in the exam?

Thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you any info about the number or type of sims on the exam. Your best best is to go over any of the exam objectives with "configure" in them and make sure you can do those tasks. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As networker stated, there's no way to tell what sims will be presented on the exam. Cisco does provide the types of questions that may be on your. Take a look at this tutorial -
    Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial - Cisco

hth
  • mitchtinmitchtin Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK thanks for the info guys
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    On the CCNA, there is something called a Simlet. Basically, it is a Simulation where you have to answer multiple questions by connecting to simulated equipment and using various show commands. I would suggest that you know your basic show commands for all the major topics as one of these questions can waste a lot of time if you don't know how to find the information. There is no guarantee (in fact it is quite unlikely) you will be able to use "show run" on these questions either.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]