Options

MCSA for 2000 or 2003? Whats the difference??

sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey easy question for someone...

I want to go for my MCSA:Security...

Can you get a MCSA these days for EITHER 2000 or 2003? Or do you just have the choice for MCSA 2003?

If you can get a MCSA for both...which is GERNALLY easier?? Reason why I ask is because this...heres a example:

people think a+ is easy...well it is..kind of, but it has alot of OLD werid information.....and my mcp 70-272 microsoft exam for windows XP, it wasnt easy...but it had more up to dat real time questions.....

so i ask my MCSA question because you would THINK MCSA 2000 easier than a MCSA 2003..but 2003 platform has newer technology and tools...so maybe its easier.....

get what im saying? sorry if this is a werid question..

VegasCustoms@yahoo.com
Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider

Comments

• Options
    sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    *update*

So correct me if im wrong..it seems you can MCSA in both still...

looks like the defining tests are:

2000 MCSA: 70-215 or 70-218

===

2003 MCSA: 70-290 or 70-291

so I guess the question is...Generally out of those tests which are the easiest.....to clairify when i ask how *hard these tests are....i mean in Comparison to each other....

thanks!

VegasCustoms@yahoo.com
    Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you want MCSA 2000+Sec, you need to pass the following exams : 210/270, 215, 218, and also 214, and your Sec+ covers the last exam.

For 2003, you need : 210/270, 290, 291, and also 299, again your Sec+ covers the last exam for that as well.

It really depends on which environment you would be working in. It's not which is easier. There are plenty of companies that still run 2000, and not as many with 2003. That will change slowly of course over time, but right now, it shouldn't matter. If you go for 2000, you could then upgrade to 2003 by passing exam 292, then you could hold both 2000/3 MCSA+Sec......
    i remain, he who remains to be....