Options

Have a job interview later this week but. . .

FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I have a job interview this week, but I see the same job description for the job I'm interviewing for in a IT contracting firm's job ad. Should I be worried? Are they wasting my time and plan on hiring someone from the IT contracting firm rather than hiring directly? Guys what's your take and suggestions on this situation?

Comments

• Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This one is a no brainer. If you have an interview directly with the company, and a 2nd with a contracting firm for the same spot, then I would cancel the 2nd one.
  • Options
    No I just have an interview with the company directly, not with the contracting firm but I see they posted for a job ad for the job I'm interviewing for.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My company circulates job postings to various sites/recruiters at various times once it goes public. The process continues until the role is filled. We may not actually schedule any new interviews until the current round of interviews are over, but we keep the postings open until it is literally filled. I wouldn't worry if you have an interview and the job is still floating out there. They haven't decided on you yet, so why take down or stop the posting's circulation
  • Options
    historian1974historian1974 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is a common practice. Nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Due to not having to pay a commission or fee, they have a little more wiggle room on salary and benefits for a direct hire vs one through a third party recruiter. At the least, you can negotiate a signing bonus if nothing else.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should not be worried at all. Even the company hiring you directly should still have their ad for that position out since it hasn't been filled. For all they know you might not even show up to the interview, let alone get the position.

Best of luck though!
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I ran into a funny situation, I had applied to a job off an indeed posting. A few hours later the exact same posting was there from a recruiting firm. The recruiting company called the next day and said the salary was 85k, which I thought was odd for the area. A few weeks later the company contacted me, they had never put the job out to a recruiter, and was only offering 30k. The hiring manager was very surprised to hear about it, I just figured some recruiting firms just "hijack" job postings to try and get some money.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I would ask the main company if its the same. I would cancel the contracting if it is the same.
  • Options
    Tyb wrote: »
    I ran into a funny situation, I had applied to a job off an indeed posting. A few hours later the exact same posting was there from a recruiting firm. The recruiting company called the next day and said the salary was 85k, which I thought was odd for the area. A few weeks later the company contacted me, they had never put the job out to a recruiter, and was only offering 30k. The hiring manager was very surprised to hear about it, I just figured some recruiting firms just "hijack" job postings to try and get some money.

This is news to me I didn't know that some contracting firms hijack job postings.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    They have to advertise the job. Don't worry and have a great interview..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fayz wrote: »
    This is news to me I didn't know that some contracting firms hijack job postings.

Yeah, I thought it seemed very strange.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    dcarey4698dcarey4698 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I wouldn't worry. The company is just doing everything they can to advertise the position. Kill that interview!
  • Options
    I went to the interview today it lasted almost an hour. IT Director said I did okay on the interview. They stated that it was suppose to be contract to hire but since I interviewed with them it would be a direct hire. Now I just have to wait for their response.