Options

[Motivation] Keep Moving Forward

kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
So I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I figured maybe it is. This isn't about me. This isn't a question but this is a post and I figure the mods will move it if otherwise put.

For those of you new to the board or IT welcome to IT. It is a very special field and a lot of fun if you love what you do and have passion for technology of all kinds..BUT it is a field, as ROCKY would put it, that will beat you to your knees if you let it. You are working in a land where we are what makes corporations go now and days. Yes they need business people, CIOs, attorneys, whatever you want to look at but shut off email for a week and watch the corporation work. They panic. (I've seen it)

You are going to get jobs through out your career that are going to be awful. Be it corporate, consulting, VAR, MSP, ISP, however you go everyone here can tell you of their horror stories but this is what builds you. This is what makes you learn what not to do as you move up and this is what you should use to drive you to get what you want to be. This should push you to study to get out. Push you to get your Bachelors if you want a degree or make you want to show them that you are stronger than they are hammering you down.

Iris is a great example and someone many of us look up to because she has DRIVE and PASSION for what she does and if you look through her posts she has gone through the he** jobs. She did insane hours doing consultant work and she did the terrible jobs and you know what. She has a BS, MS, CCIE and is working on CCIE #2 (until DOOM comes out and derails her on that) and keeps going.

The world is your limit and the online community can give you support but the only thing in life that is going to stop you in this field is you. You are going to fail at some point but get back up and show you can succeed.

I just see so many people, myself included, come to this board and we are here to help one another. Some people are more direct with their posts, others just wish us all well. Remember you are a brand which you are trying to sell in every interview you go to. Build that brand and show them what you are worth. ^_^

You all have a wonderful evening. I have OSPF labs to perform.

Comments

• Options
    Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You know why I am here! (in my Marshawn Lynch voice)

Not so I won't be fined, but to learn and grow.

Rep for you because this is why we are here on this forum.
  • Options
    ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hear you there buddy.

I have Rocky's speech saved as a favorite and when I start to slow down, I just watch it and it picks me back up.

You have to keep moving forward in this field or you will get left behind. It's not always the same job day in day out. New issues, new problems, new software, viruses, etc.

It'll definitely keep you on your toes.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"