Ertaz's CISSP endorsement documentation review waiting time thread.

ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
Thought I'd throw up a thread to post my experience waiting on my endorsement review to come through. I'm not a patient person. I'm at one week today. According to popular opinion, that leaves about five weeks remaining. I've still got water and snacks to get me through. I am holding out here still clicking refresh on my mailbox and spam folders.

I will try to limit my feedback to one post per week.

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Week 2 is in the books. The snacks are running low already. All I have to get me by is this CASP study guide. Going to study this till my endorsement is reviewed, then take the exam for the CPEs. It's a hard right turn to move to this test where every thing is asked from the practitioner/assessor point of view.
    Week 3 is complete. Halfway home I suppose. Snacks are gone. Down 1lb since last week.

The hard copy of the CASP study guide arrived yesterday. Much easier for me to read than the ebook version. Only 600 pages. I will do 50 pages a day till done, then dive into practice tests. A limited set came with the Pearson book and the voucher I'm buying comes with the Transcender. If I feel like these are enough then I will stop there, if not I will get the the measure up. This cert stuff is almost an addicting hobby now.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Usually takes about 6 - 8 weeks or longer if you submit in December - early January. Been there, did that for all three ISC(2) endorsements. Relax, you've got the rest of your career to submit CPEs and pay annual fees.

- b/eads
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Ertaz wrote: »
    The hard copy of the CASP study guide arrived yesterday. Much easier for me to read than the ebook version. Only 600 pages.

That makes sense. I read a study few months back stating that we tend to have better/faster comprehension/understanding when reading physical books compared to reading digitally. Plus since most of us are in IT here we are already looking at artificial lights (computer screen) all day then some of us even add more by watching TV, tablet, phone we get home outside of work. No wonder people are starting to have more issues with their eyes! :c/

Hope you get endorsed soon!
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Strangely since about 2012 or so I've found that reading certification material is easier for me if I do it on a Kindle. I'll read a lot more material since I can lay in bed and read with the lights out whereas a physical book it would just sit on the nightstand. I did Sec+ and CISSP entirely on the Kindle. However the Kindle is an e-ink platform and not an actual computer screen and I think that makes a huge difference.

Right now I'm studying for the LSAT and the book I picked is only available in softcover and I'm about two weeks behind. Very frustrating.

Although Kindles do have a different frustration of their own. Ever pick up your 'book' and the battery is dead? Makes you want to rage. icon_lol.gif
    Two weeks left! Here's to getting this done. I may mess around and get my CASP before this comes in.
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Gess wrote: »
    Strangely since about 2012 or so I've found that reading certification material is easier for me if I do it on a Kindle. I'll read a lot more material since I can lay in bed and read with the lights out whereas a physical book it would just sit on the nightstand. I did Sec+ and CISSP entirely on the Kindle. However the Kindle is an e-ink platform and not an actual computer screen and I think that makes a huge difference.

Right now I'm studying for the LSAT and the book I picked is only available in softcover and I'm about two weeks behind. Very frustrating.

Although Kindles do have a different frustration of their own. Ever pick up your 'book' and the battery is dead? Makes you want to rage. icon_lol.gif

I would put E-Ink under the physical book category. I have read 16 books (self-help) already for 2016. I always read the physical books so much faster. Guess my iPad Air 2 hurts my eyes too much after extended periods of time, I don't know.
  • DharmarajaDharmaraja Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    I would put E-Ink under the physical book category. I have read 16 books (self-help) already for 2016. I always read the physical books so much faster. Guess my iPad Air 2 hurts my eyes too much after extended periods of time, I don't know.

Reading ebook with Amazon Kindle is much better than on your iPad. Your iPad will hurt your eyes after 1 hour of reading (in my case). Check out the new Kindle Oasis :)
  • lobklobk Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    7 of us from work took our CISSP on various days last Fall. It took 6 weeks for all of us to get our confirmation and we had an endorser.

Six weeks seems to be the norm.
    lobk wrote: »
    7 of us from work took our CISSP on various days last Fall. It took 6 weeks for all of us to get our confirmation and we had an endorser.

Six weeks seems to be the norm.

Thank you for the feedback. Did you have to answer any questions as part of the process or was it 6 weeks and then a rubber stamp?
    Woot! Got my email, 4 weeks, 6 days!
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! The backlog must be shrinking, they've improved by 2 days in the last week.