What did you do after CISSP?

2»

Comments

• jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    With qualifications like that I hear there is a board opening at UofL... :)

Hey, I politely answered your question, no need to be insulting icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif:D
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    After I did my CISSP, I knocked out the ITIL F, then went to technical certs and did CEH>CHFI>GSEC>GCIA.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't done anything since CISSP except get into law school. So now I'm doing that.

I'm selling my lab tonight. Two servers and a stack of networking gear. I'll miss the fun but I'll like reclaiming my study.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jcundiff wrote: »
    Hey, I politely answered your question, no need to be insulting icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif:D

I had to gauge whether you were a Cat or Cardinal fan. :)
  • mindcrankmindcrank Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I started getting more technical certs after my CISSP. They are a lot easier to test for in my opinion because the answers are very direct and not so "dynamic" like the CISSP was. It really helps with additional foundation for different topics and it also supplies a wealth of CEU's to keep your CISSP up to date. I am currently 40 CEU's over my 3 year requirement by accident.
    Certifications: A+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, VCP6-DCV, CISSP, C|EH, CPT, Project+, Linux+, GPEN, OSCP, GXPN, GCIH, CISSP-ISSEP, OSCE
    WGU, BS-IT, Security: Complete! November 2016
    Legend: Completed, In-Progress, Next
    mindcrank wrote: »
    I started getting more technical certs after my CISSP. They are a lot easier to test for in my opinion because the answers are very direct and not so "dynamic" like the CISSP was. It really helps with additional foundation for different topics and it also supplies a wealth of CEU's to keep your CISSP up to date. I am currently 40 CEU's over my 3 year requirement by accident.

Self study at 30Hrs a pop is pretty nice. 2 certs a year and you are golden.
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    I had to gauge whether you were a Cat or Cardinal fan. :)

I Bleed BLUE!!!!! but I will cheer for Loserville every game but 1 :O
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    jcundiff wrote: »
    I Bleed BLUE!!!!! but I will cheer for Loserville every game but 1 :O
    And the choir said Amen.