CCSP - The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK 2nd Edition from Amazon

BalasmBalasm Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Am preparing for the CCSP exam and looking for a study guide. Looks like Amazon has 1st edition available in stock for a purchase, however the second edition looks to be released soon as well. But not sure when it will be. Do you have any ideas when it will be released? And also thought about this book and it content?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Official-ISC-Guide-CCSP/dp/1119276721/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

Thanks

Bala

Comments

• KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do not know if it is any good or not. It looks like it will be released on May 16, 2016.
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used the first edition of the book, its just like any other study resource. You use it to familiarize yourself with the topics, it should not be your only study resources but if you already have an ISC2 certification or jave already experience with cloud computing you would be able to pass.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    will this cert gain any recognition do ya think? i know its new but how long before we start seeing on job specs?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    will this cert gain any recognition do ya think? i know its new but how long before we start seeing on job specs?
    You will see it soon, as cloud get more and more adoption in the various industries. When I passed the CCSP there were only 80 people, now theres 247! So thats a big increase within a 2 month period.
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I am taking the ISC2 CCSP on demand training (starting domain 2 soon). Anyone else doing it? So far it seems like you will need outside sources (CSA guide, maybe official CCSP book, etc) to do well on the exam. They give you an electronic "Official CCSP Participants Guide" which is their student workbook that is over 600 pages. I wish they mailed that to you in hardcopy! My printer and ink budget is getting a workout. But what do you expect for $395 (if you are an ISC2 member)
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I hear you. I'm old school and also prefer the hard copy. My colleague took the live training and passed me that Participant Guide, mainly because he had no interest in taking the test. I am debating if I want to do the On Demand training (work is paying) but I feel it may be redundant since I have the guide. I don't know. Still debating. I really want to do this cert after I finish my EnCase practical.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mog27 wrote: »
    I am taking the ISC2 CCSP on demand training (starting domain 2 soon). Anyone else doing it? So far it seems like you will need outside sources (CSA guide, maybe official CCSP book, etc) to do well on the exam. They give you an electronic "Official CCSP Participants Guide" which is their student workbook that is over 600 pages. I wish they mailed that to you in hardcopy! My printer and ink budget is getting a workout. But what do you expect for $395 (if you are an ISC2 member)

I just got the official CCSP book in the mail the other day, might start reading it tonight... How is the on-demand training so far? I have only seen one review of that training and the person said they did not think it helped prepare for the exam that much. That is only one person's thoughts though, they said they failed exam after trying to attempt with just going through the videos and reading the CCSP CBK. TheFORCE has a thread on what he used to pass this exam, along with that and one review I saw of the on-demand training deterred me from purchasing that. Sounds like the consensus is you definitely need more sources then what ISC2 offers to pass this exam.

I plan on just using the CSA guide, CCSP CBK, NIST publications, and ENISA guide for this exam. Read through CSA guide a couple times already for the CCSK exam.
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I just got the official CCSP book in the mail the other day, might start reading it tonight... How is the on-demand training so far? I have only seen one review of that training and the person said they did not think it helped prepare for the exam that much. That is only one person's thoughts though, they said they failed exam after trying to attempt with just going through the videos and reading the CCSP CBK. TheFORCE has a thread on what he used to pass this exam, along with that and one review I saw of the on-demand training deterred me from purchasing that. Sounds like the consensus is you definitely need more sources then what ISC2 offers to pass this exam.

I plan on just using the CSA guide, CCSP CBK, NIST publications, and ENISA guide for this exam. Read through CSA guide a couple times already for the CCSK exam.

Well I have only gone through the first domain so far and it does seem like you won't pass the exam on just the course alone. That goes for all the ISC2 exams. Can't rely on just one source! I plan to complete the course with the provided workbook, get the CCSP CBK second edition when it comes out next month, and go through the CSA Guide. Hoping this is enough.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    can someone provide a link to the one which has the participants guide? Also do you think it will be as tough as the CISSP?
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keener wrote: »
    I do not know if it is any good or not. It looks like it will be released on May 16, 2016.
    Also waiting for the CBK. BTW, the official study guide release date has been pushed to September. icon_sad.gif

Wiley: CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide - Wiley