Options

Call Center Admin management of 150 people

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi guys and gals.

would CCNA collab 1 and collab 2 certifictaion be enough education to run a callcenter as an admin engineer.
or do I need CCNP Collab. What will CCNA Collab give me and CCNP Collab give me more.

Do I need to be a CCNP collab to run a 150 person call center we have.

PBX - cucm
ACD - UCCX
VM- unity
IM - presence
and Finesse.

I am just learning all this stuff but want some guidance on what I need to be really good at being the main voice guy.
Do I need ccnp collab or would CCNA Collab x 2 be good enough?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Comments

• Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't really need certification to do that. But if you're looking for structured learning advice, I would say start with CCNA Collab materials, then move on to reading SRNDs.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    SRND and admin guides are you friend. From there create documentation on how you would do your daily task. If your primary work is the call center most of the work you would do are outside the scope of CCNA/CCNP Collab.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    thank you. What are SRNDs? what does CCNP Voice give you that CCNA collab 1 and collab 2 do not?
  • Options
    SRND is Solution Network Reference Design:

Cisco Collaboration Systems Release 10.5(1) - Cisco Systems

I never took CCNA Collab, I took CCNA Voice. The CCNA series is supposed to be an intro to the basics, while the CCNP series is professional level. Shodown is correct, there is no call center stuff until CCIE material, but that doesn't mean you can't learn it.
  • Options
    thanks guys I appreciate your help. Will do...
  • Options
    What is CCNP COLLAB and or CCNA Collab for? I mean I see lots of topics covering voice like SIP dialers etc...? and agent setup. Does it just cover and then you use SRNDs after you get that level? or is CCNA CCNP path is to get you to the CCIE COLLLAB hahaah sorry so many quetsions. I guess CCNA Collab and CCNP Collab wont help me with CALL Center just CCIE Collab achievement?
  • Options
    Cisco certifications are for working with Cisco partners. CCNA is associate level, CCNP is professional level, CCIE is expert level. You can get all the knowledge you need from probably some CCNA Collab books and SRNDs. As I mentioned, you don't have to be certified to work on the equipment. The certifications will cover the topics listed in their blueprints, which Cisco has deemed the most widely used stuff.
  • Options
    mow I get it. I just wanted to know if getting a CCNA and CCNP would help me really good at the technology. I realized you dont need certs for anything to be good. I wanted to take some classes in CCNA Collab and CCNP Collab and wanted to know if it would give me good exposure to voice and UCCX and CUCM and UNITY. ;) work will pay for it might as well get certfied right?
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    If you are going to go to classes, i think there is a CUCM/Unity class that teaches the admin of those systems. Go to those first then go to the UCCX class. Most of the time the people doing the admin work at not doing the scripting piece of it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Sorry I misunderstood you! If you want to use certifications to get good at the technology, go for CCNP. There is Call Center training out there, but it is specialized.

https://blog.cloverhound.com/?s=call+center

Uccx.net
  • Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would target topics that you'll need to know to do the job. Getting certifications to help you administer a contact center would be a very roundabout way of doing it.

Much of the material at CCNA/CCNP Voice and Collaboration won't be relevant to you, whereas things that you'll probably be expected to know as contact center admin (UCCX, CAD/CSD, Finesse, CUIC, scripting, possibly a call recording software) are barely covered even at CCIE level, if at all.

For resources, there's a new book on UCCX by Michael Luo that goes through basic steps of UCCX deployment. Cisco dCloud has a UCCX lab you can play with.
  • Options
    omgosh really so what is CCNA Collab and CCNP collab and CCIE collab for? hahahhaha sorry i am laughing but you would think that is what they are for somewhat? wow I know on the CCNP Sec track there are more specialized ASA certs but must be same concept. CCNP and CCIE for deployment but operation of it is much deeper huh?
  • Options
    Yeah, CCIE is a much deeper look at the technologies in CCNP, as well as demonstrating practical, hands-on expertise. Is that what you're asking?